April 19, 2024, 09:31:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: cpu usage  (Read 4583 times)

ocelot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
cpu usage
« on: July 15, 2007, 08:33:45 pm »
i am running logic pro on a dual 2 gig g5 with 2.5 gigs of ram and i can barely get more than one instance of jupiter, does that sound right, and is there anything i can do about it?

this is not the case with the other arturia synths, what gives this time?

ocelot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
cpu usage
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 10:04:09 pm »
i have also found that with logic it affects the cpu when not even loaded. i went to mix an old session and was getting core overloads in songs that i had never had them before.

i went through the au manager and disabled jupiter 8v and everything was stable and running like a champ again.

damienchock

cpu usage
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 08:20:08 pm »
funny, i have had some funny issues with logic and the esb - i kept getting audio dropouts from the esb, which means that there isn't enought processing power but logic's cpu meter wasn't maxed out at all. a simple reset of the esb (delete all objects in the associated audio environment window and undo) seems to have fixed the issue. however i think that there may be a deeper seated issue here.

d

bayofkings

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
cpu usage
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 10:51:07 pm »
I have quite a few soft-synths, and JP-8V is quickly becoming one of my favorites - very nice product

EXCEPT

for the cpu drain, which is making it almost unplayable.  I have updated to v1.03, but that has not seemed to help.

Example - I load 1 instance of JP-8V on my DAW, on only 1 track, with no other tracks used.  I open one of my favorite presets, "celm_split_spindle," and play 3 notes on the lower keys.  I get a lovely, rolling arp, but my cpu is at 80%.  I remove one note, and add another note - uh-oh - my cpu has maxed-out and crashes (no sound).  So, I cannot even play 3 notes?  This does not happen on all of the presets (which I am still auditioning), but it certainly happens to most of them.  I can't even think of adding any other tracks (drums, etc.), as there is no cpu left to accomodate them.

By the way, I have never had a problem like this with any of my other synths.  The only other Arturia product I have is Analog Factory, and that works beautifully!

Tom

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines