March 29, 2024, 01:32:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: mono versus stereo recording  (Read 1430 times)

gen123456

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
mono versus stereo recording
« on: March 09, 2014, 05:09:32 am »
Hello,
Typically the drum parts of a song are recorded mono, my question is if I am recording kick drum and a snare for example should I also record them in mono if I intend to use them during the mix down partition of the song?  Pardon my noobness I have actually yet to record a song however from what I repeatedly see the drum parts are usually recorded mono and the cymbals which later are than paned right and left.  In theory this gives the impression of one being in front of a drummer.   I am not sure if Sparkle will already sound good if I record it in stereo in a song forgoing the traditional mono route .  thank you for all your wisdom in advance.

Blixten

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: mono versus stereo recording
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 08:55:25 am »
Are you recording on a computer, with a DAW?
If so, is the track you are using in stereo?

???

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: mono versus stereo recording
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 09:05:26 pm »
most daws  can record mono but the out bus is always stereo with each channel having a pan  for the stereo bus so adding mono samples in spark will always have a stereo bus.

regards

terry
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines