March 28, 2024, 03:40:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Dongle Fiasco  (Read 4638 times)

m@l0cch10

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Dongle Fiasco
« on: August 26, 2007, 06:45:42 pm »
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Dongle Fiasco    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you know that if you transfer your Brass license to another Syncrosoft key, you won't be able to get the software up and running on a new computer? Arturia doesn't document that very well, but I finally figured out what happended when I found this one reference on the Syncrosoft page:

If the customer already has a Syncrosoft key for other products, and if he wants to get all his Licenses on the same key, he can do it thanks to the Syncrosoft License Center. This would be the case for someone who wants to use Cubase, PROPHET V and Miroslaw in the same time but only has one USB port available. If he transfers his PROPHET V license from the Syncrosoft key we provide to another Syncrosoft key, this customer will no longer be able to use our key to get PROPHET V working any more.

This applies to Jupiter 8 and Brass as well.

If you have already transferred your key the software will work on that computer ONLY!
m@l0cch10

Vincent T

• http://www.arturia.com
Dongle Fiasco
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 10:32:50 am »
please m@l0cch10, please stop flooding and send me a mail with the details of your problem. I'm trying to figure out how to solve it.

And notice that we didn't develop the synchrosoft protection. maybe you should write them a mail.
Vincent
DSP Arturia

m@l0cch10

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Dongle Fiasco
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 07:01:20 pm »
I tried to contact Syncrosoft.  They do not consider me a customer and refer me back to you.  You did not develop Syncrosoft, but Syncrosoft does allow for license transfer.  Apparently Arturia specified non-transferrable.

I'll stop posting messing on BBoards (including yours) for a couple of days.  In the past there has been incredible lag time before I received a response from Arturia on technical issues, so I am not super-inclined to be patient.

If, on the other hand, you take care of this quickly (by the end of the week), my postings will reflect that fact.  I also will not leave any out there that do not reflect the fact that Arturia was responsive, if that turns out to be the case.
m@l0cch10

jgnunez

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Dongle Fiasco
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 06:13:51 am »
I know this was quite some time ago... but... di they ever reponded as you wanted?

I am having a similar problem with not reponce from Arturia fro a couple of days.  And it seems to me that I am not the only one. I am planning to post my experience with Arturia in every major board that I subscribe to. At least it will help others who may be thinking of purchasing this product (which seems to be a good one if you get to be able to use it) with a terribly bad customer service...

Antoine

Re: Dongle Fiasco
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 10:09:47 am »
@jgnunez
I just replied you, whose case was posted yesterday, I think I am pretty within the normal lead time (24 to 48 hours), no?
A simple LCC update shall solve it all, as usual.
ex-Arturian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines