March 28, 2024, 11:53:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Finally.....Information........  (Read 9277 times)

slammah2012

slammah2012

Re: Finally.....Information........
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 04:41:28 am »
Quote from: "slammah2012"
Introduction Movie
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/origin/intro.html

Guided Tour with interactive audio and video
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/origin/guided-tour/concept.html

I am quite interested on the standard instruments in their original order....
The Modular ability is wonderfull, but I would love to here the original instruments as featured in the earlier video...
I would mainly use my Origin as 2 CS80s to run off 2 separate keyboards....with polyphonic aftertouch...
Does there exist any samples or video showing the non Modularized instruments???
I leave this to hang on the pole for a possible response....

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
Finally.....Information........
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 11:42:28 am »
it seems that this will be implanted after the release with a free upgrade, later in 2008

nicogrubert

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 08:26:21 am »
wow! thanks!

but what do I have to read?
:arrow: shipping in 2008 ???

this can be spring, summer, autumn or even worst winter 2008... aaaargh ... I'm so surprised...  ;-)

I think in the meantime I will go for the virus TI ...

Kappa

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 01:26:24 pm »
Arrow shipping in 2008 ???

this can be spring, summer, autumn or even worst winter 2008... aaaargh ... I'm so surprised... Wink

I think in the meantime I will go for the virus TI ...

:wink: it's not that late
it should have read shipping in EARLY 2008...so be a little patient...the delay is due to the fact that we want to deliver a stable, good sounding and easy to use synthesizer so we will test it thoroughly before releasing it....developpement is almost done and then we still have a beta testing stage and a sound design stage.

It will be well worth your waiting till after Christmas...
Arturia
Audio Lib

origami platypus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 01:37:49 pm »
Is it being tested on different sequencers?
for instance, in FL Studio?

Kappa

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 01:48:43 pm »
Actually the Total Integration will be available in an update a little later in 2008, but anyway, it will be tested on the most used sequencers including FL Studio.
Arturia
Audio Lib

nicogrubert

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 10:38:31 pm »
Quote from: "Kappa"
Actually the Total Integration will be available in an update a little later in 2008, but anyway, it will be tested on the most used sequencers including FL Studio.

FL Studio ...  that sounds great!  :)

slammah2012

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 12:53:15 pm »
Quote from: "origami platypus"
Is it being tested on different sequencers?
for instance, in FL Studio?

Origin as a hardware piece should work with any sequencers if your sequencer has midi out assigned properly

Pip

• http://www.thebabybuddahs.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 01:15:57 pm »
I really hope it's shipping early 2008 - I've been hovering around here waiting for details. The new video's make we want it even more :D
Later
pip pip pip ... piiip piiip piiiip ... pip pip pip

slammah2012

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 06:54:17 pm »
Quote from: "Pip"
I really hope it's shipping early 2008 - I've been hovering around here waiting for details. The new video's make we want it even more :D

Actually for me , the Videos have had the opposite effect....
The videos are suggesting to me that the original instruments,(CS80, Mg Modular, Prophet, Arp2600, MiniMg )Shipping later as a free upgrade are going to be built from the "modular" Origin pieces....I was initially under the impression that they would come loaded "as they are" regarding Arturias soft synths..like the CS80V as it was Quite close to a CS80...
(on the CS80 subject)

In the event the stock synths are being built modularly from these Origin pieces, there is no way they will end up with a CS80 from what they offer for these reasons.....
.....The ring modular circuit of the CS80 is not the same as the Arp2600( the CS80 ring mod controlls its EG with Depth, the AD envelope only operates during a physical key down event ...if the keys are lifted Even while a Hold pedal is sustaining the Notes, .....the AD immediatly releases(200ms R time) to the base modulation speed regardless of hold pedals....We will need a Monophonic triggered ring mod with these attributes built as a modular Block...
......The  Envelope of the CS80 Filter, is not ADSR...It is ADR...
the Sustain portion in the filter EG is "locked" to the High and lowpass cutoff setting....IL lowers the Initial level for the attack start and release end, and AL raises the attack level to where the Attack ends and the decay point starts....We will need to build this ADR envelope with IL and AL as a separate modular Block...
The Sustain Type (I/II)would be addressed how???Very important??? Is there a Modular block for the Keyboard ASsignment???
(will macro be needed for master Sustain and portamento times)???
I didnt see a portamento/glissando utterance.....
I didnt see anything to re-inforce the Polyphonic Aftertouch Claims...

sigh... :? I guess I am going to have to wait to purchase the Origin until the later upgrades are finished and shipping (at that time, I should have a concrete grasp of what it can and cannot do).......Hopefully I will be delightfully suprised and find an exact recreation of a Yamaha CS80 synth (times 2)  fingers crossed......
In the mean time, I am going to check out a Prodyssey.....

origami platypus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 07:28:05 pm »
Origin as a hardware piece should work with any sequencers if your sequencer has midi out assigned properly

Yeah I know, I actually referred to its total integration issue and its use as a vsti, which seems to be more problematic if you look at other examples such as Virus TI for instance.

Pip

• http://www.thebabybuddahs.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 11:42:19 pm »
Interesting - so you think maybe Origin will ship without the original instruments? That would be a big mistake :cry: I hope thats not the case. I also think it would be commercial suicide, just my 10 cents.
Later
pip pip pip ... piiip piiip piiiip ... pip pip pip

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines