April 18, 2024, 05:05:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Settings aren't saved with project in Logic 7  (Read 3621 times)

semtek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Settings aren't saved with project in Logic 7
« on: October 09, 2007, 03:14:13 pm »
First bug I've had with J8V:

When I save a project in Logic and then re-open it later, the settings of j8V have changed. I haven't been able to isolate the problem yet. Very strange though.

303ftw

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Nocturnetus Records
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 11:21:15 am »
Any news about this?

How often does Arturia release updates?

(I will get a iMac, Logic 8 and V col. later this fall)
/Robert

semtek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 04:19:41 pm »
Quote from: "303ftw"

How often does Arturia release updates?

You're joking right?

Prophet V has been buggy on the mac since it was released and a fix hasn't been offered. The bug means that you can only use one instance at a time, really annoying.

Arturia make great synths, but they just seem too preoccupied with this hardware stuff at the moment to fix the software they've released. It's really annoying.

SpecialK

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Strange porduct policy?
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 08:54:17 am »
Please, be patient. There will be an update of the Jupiter. Not in a few days because we are VERY busy with Origin, but maybe in a few weeks.

This was in September, so the days went by and nothing happened. I know Arturia is a small company, but I wonder why Arturia has the resources to release AF Experience, AF 2.0 and don't do bugfixing with "older" products like the prophet or J8v first? It's a shame, that you can't get the money back for a buggy software like this. In times of Web x.0, this normaly kills the reputation of a company, but Arturia seems to have a very good lobby. Otherwise I can't explain, why the press overpraise every product of Arturia, without telling anything about the many, many, many bugs of their products....:?:

semtek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 11:34:13 pm »
I emailed a support request regarding J8 - Logic doesn't save the settings with the song. I haven't heard anything from them.

In the meantime I have emailed Virsyn with a bug report, been contacted by their MD and they have now released a new version of the software with a bug fix.

Note that they really are a small company.

Come on Arturia! Please sort this out, otherwise all your owners really will start writing in to their favourite mags/forums/blogs to explain what owning an Arturia product is really like. (I also own Prophet V...)

:x  :x

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines