March 29, 2024, 03:01:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Installation Hell  (Read 8914 times)

justbenjamin

• http://virb.com/ferran
Installation Hell
« on: November 16, 2007, 03:38:58 am »
Wow. I have never been so frustrated with a plug in. I have followed the steps to install my Prophet V plug in twice. I've carfully checked my steps and I get stuck at the activation in SyncroSh*t. Nothing happens after that. If the cd rom is supposed to activate an install for dongle driver or something, it didn't.

I'm on a Mac Pro xeon processor, using Pro Tools 7.3.1 as my host. The plug in appears to be in it's proper place ( Library/Application Support/ Digidesign/plug-in's ) and still doesn't show up in the pull down menu of plug in's. I attempt to run in stand alone and just get ERROR -2. What's the problem here?

k

Installation Hell
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 12:14:38 am »
I'm having a similar problem with logic.
I have the analog collection. All other soft synths load up fine in logic, except the prophet. The prophet runs fine in stand alone mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  :D

JWaltman

Installation Hell
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 02:36:51 pm »
did you guys try the latest beta?

Mab

Prophet and Jupiter problem in Logic/Leopard
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 12:48:09 pm »
Hi, I have similar problems. I bought the V-Collection and everything works fine in Logic/Leopard except for Prophet V and Jupiter 8.
I have upgraded Prophet V and upgraded the License Control Center.
I can see both the Prophet and the Jupiter in the Audio Units Manager in Logic, but everytime I mark them to be available, the scan process starts but it never finds anything. And you canīt quit it so you have to force Logic to restart...

What to do???  :(

sureno

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • SURENO
Installation Hell
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 02:07:11 pm »
i bought the v collection, all installed great and showed up in logic apart from prophet, installed the latest update but no joy........
DELETE each prophet plug in, VST,COMPONENT,DPM etc install the update then install the syncrosoft driver (latest)

should work fine, did for me :roll:

Dubtrack

• Danish Composer/Producer
    • Trusted Enemy
Re: Installation Hell
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 03:38:06 pm »
 ???

I'm having the same problem with Prophet V on my macbook pro.

Prophet V is running perfect on my Windows computer - with the same dongle. Strange?

Regards
Ole
Regards

Dubtrack

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 08:46:34 pm »
Sometimes in Logic, after the install, you need to manually force the validation of a plug-in in the AudioUnits Manager. It might show as "validation failed" (or somethlng similar), but if you click on the particular plug-in and force a new validation of that plug-in, it should change to "validation passed" and show up in Logic on the next Logic launch.

If it's still  not working after that, you might have to re-install the plug-in.
But first, completely remove it from your computer.
On Mac OS X, follow this procedure:

1. in standalone mode, backup your potential data (presets, banks) using "Export" entry on the <synth> front panel, and close the software;

2. when applicable, remove your dongle from the computer, and make sure no application using the Syncrosoft protection system is currently running;

3. remove <synth> files from the following directories:

Standalone        :  /Applications/Arturia <synth>/
 VST               :  /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/<synth>.vst
 AU                :  /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/<synth>.component
 RTAS              :  /Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins/<synth>.dpm
 Sounds and Prefs  :  /Library/Preferences/<synth>/
 Installer         :  /Library/Receipts/<synth>.pkg

4. reinstall the <synth> directly from the update:
==> http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/downloads/updates.html

5. for the ARP2600/CS-80V/MgModularV, *only when prompted* put the original disc in your drive, and enter the license number.

6. for the Jupiter-8V/ProphetV/AnalogFactory/miniMgV2, reinstall the Syncrosoft License Control Center directly from the update:
==> http://www.elicenser.net
7. when applicable, plug your dongle and launch the software.

8. import your potential data using "Import" entry on the <synth name> front panel.

shealey

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 04:31:55 pm »
Hello,

I just went through a similar problem but have been able to solve it.  I too use a MacPro with Xeon.  Here is what I did.

1.  Completely delete all traces of the Prophet V from your computer.  I did this by typing "Prophet V" in my search bar and deleting all search results thusly. 

2.  Completely delete all traces of Syncrosoft products using the same method.

3.  Empty the trash

4.  From this Arturia website, download Prophet version 1.2.1

5.  Now go to syncrosoft.com/downloads    ...this page will lead you to a link that will take you to where you can download the latest dongle driver.  I believe it was version 6.4.2 or something....but just grab it, it is obviously marked.

6.  Next, install the latest prophet version.  you must do this step first or it won't work.

7.  Now install the latest syncorsoft drivers.

8.  Now you should restart your comp.  When it has booted, check that you are running Prophet V version 1.2.1 and that the plug in components are in the appropriate folders.  If they are, then they should should be in the clover.  Mine worked in Ableton and Logic just fine.

hope this kind of helps

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines