March 29, 2024, 12:15:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: AF on protools missing  (Read 3092 times)

BBAT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
AF on protools missing
« on: November 22, 2007, 12:31:15 pm »
new to forum, did a seach but sorry if this has been said before.
I've installed AF(se that came in protoolsHD ignition pack) I worked fine the first time I tried it, but now PT desn't een see it.  when I launch the stand alone it loads but gives the message 'initialisation terminated' afterwhich it seems to function fine (in stand alone)

I tried removing the pkg from reciepts/ and then reinstalling it, but it still doesn't work.

Any ideas?  could it be a problem with sitting next to some of the other ignition pack plugins?  I have timewarp ARP2600 (which Ican't see how to remove) reason and expand only.

Any advice apprieciated!! :)

BBAT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
AF on protools missing
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 12:32:03 pm »
sorry for mis-types (in a hurry)

BBAT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
AF on protools missing
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 12:54:00 pm »
OK I found how to remove the timewARP 2600 (which we wanted to compare with the AF before buying one) I completely removed the plugin files and applications for both and then reinstalled AF.

Still doesn't work, I can't buy something that won't run with other plugs so I'm worried about the full versions of AF and other Arturia.

Please help!

BBAT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
AF on protools missing
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 01:47:04 pm »
OK I figured it out, but not very reassured with my solution...
The plug seems to be only stereo and above.  now as PT creates instrument tracks without setting the number of channels (ie mono until a plug tells it otherwise) the analogue factory doesn't show up in the list of availible instruments until you load another instrument which makes the channel stereo, you can then load the AF but if you take out the original the AF goes too.  Of course the work around is to put it on an audio track instead of instrument.

This makes me feel that it's not been very well thought out/implimented.  Or is there something wrong with my install perhaps?

Anyway pls say hi if you read this or if you have comment.

I like talking to myself but...

TVPost

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
AF on protools missing
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 08:06:49 pm »
what version of protools are you running???

this should all be easily solved by going into the setup menu and setting the track send and return

god wait let me get my book ...........

from the pt110 course book
setup stereo paths under setup>i/o
in the dialog box you should be able to indicate all of that manually

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines