April 16, 2024, 10:04:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: LICENSING CONFUSION (at least on MY part)  (Read 2897 times)

Gramarye

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
LICENSING CONFUSION (at least on MY part)
« on: December 16, 2007, 02:52:54 pm »
Moderator:

"SYNCROSOFT SOFT-ELICENSER PROTECTION

The Analog Factory 2.0 software is protected from illegal use and copying thanks to the Syncrosoft system.

At the time of the activation, a license corresponding to your computer will be assigned to you and will be stocked on your computer.

Important Note:
Once the licence is installed on your computer, it will not be possible to use Analog Factory on other computers. Please make sure to do the activation on the computer you prefer to Analog Factory 2.0 on.

In case you need to use Analog Factory 2.0 on different computers, transfer your software code on an USB Syncrosoft key. However, this feature will be available December 2007 only. To purchase a Syncrosoft USB key, also known as e-licenser, please visit our online store. "

PLEASE EXPLAIN !!!!  If I don't license this and "transfer" the license to my Sycrosoft key before the end of December do I LOSE the portability of AF through use of Syncrosoft????  VERY CONFUSING.  I like the security of knowing that if a hard-drive goes south on one machine I won't permanantly lose the programs on that drive because the licenses are safe and secure on the dongle.  What's with the time-limit:  it's like a last-chance, now-or-never threat on securing the usability of AF as it's been used in the past.  Unless I'm reading this wrong, if the license isn't transferred to the Syncrosoft key by the end of December, AF will only be available on one machine.....ever.  Why the change?  Thanks in advance for a response before the end of the month.

Peace,

Dave

Antoine

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 12:05:25 pm »
Hi Dave,

Don't be scared, AFAIK there is no time-limit for transferring your Syncrosoft soft-licence onto the hardware dongle, for the simple reason that this process is not available yet from Syncrosoft.

These fellows previously expected to release it in December '07, but it seem not to be available before February '08 now.

Just try not to crash your hard drive before it comes available  :oops:
ex-Arturian

Martin Hines

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 10:44:59 pm »
Antoine,

I have a slightly different question:
http://ns20209.ovh.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2126

I submitted a formal Tech Support request 10 days ago, but have not received any response.

In my situation, I was able to install v2.0, but the Syncrosoft "SOFT eLicenser" shows "no licenses".  My v1.0 license is still on my Syncrosoft dongle.

When Arturia talks about "transferring" the v2.0 to a dongle, is there a NEW v2.0 license, or will my v1.0 license (which is on the dongle) work forever.

Thank you.

Martin Hines

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines