April 23, 2024, 11:51:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Dongle problems Garageband  (Read 3240 times)

tordenspyd

Dongle problems Garageband
« on: January 04, 2008, 10:22:18 pm »
..yes many..here is one annoying inconvenience with a workaround.

If I quit Garageband after having worked on a song using the BRASS plugin, I can not start the Garageband again from the dock unless I have the Dongle in.

I just point out that I dont think that is an OK behavior. There are reasons I dont want to use the Dongle, either I dont have enough USB ports, I may have forgot it, or I dont want risk loosing it so I always keep it on my computer at home.  I should still be able to open the song and work on tracks which dont contain the Brass plug-in. Now I cant. I should at least be able to open Garageband to create a new project not containing a BRASS track, I may not be able to do that.  Then I shold at least be able to open an existing Garageband song which has no BRASS track. ..and yes I can do that, but not from the dock.

In order to start Garageband at all under those circumstances I need to start it by double-clicking a project which does not contain a BRASS track.   Maybe this info is useful to someone.

Yes there are several components that has to work together here, and which developers would blame each other for it not working, Apple, BRASS developers, Dongle developers.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines