March 29, 2024, 12:12:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bad news?  (Read 33465 times)

HoustonH

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.titanlinemusic.com
Bad news?
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2008, 03:35:51 pm »
Quote from: "rcmusic"
Quote from: "HoustonH"
While it's not in production, the Origin certainly exists

is this statement compatible with what antoine said before (see up) ?

thanx for any more infos guys

Read the statements carefully and you'll see that they are perfectly compatible. I have a prototype unit for writing part of the Origin manual and some beta testing and a few demos along the way.

Antoine is referring to the full production release.
Houston Haynes

HoustonH

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.titanlinemusic.com
Bad news?
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2008, 04:10:03 pm »
Quote from: "DeFrigge"
Let me resume:
- you come here boasting who you are and whom you happened to know and so on...

Read the posts again - I *studied*under* and *worked*for* Bob Mg. My original point was that the "Series 91" theremins didn't ship until 1993, and I was there when it happened. Part of the reason why I was hired in the first place was that Bob was working on theremins while also trying to satisfy demand for the Lintronics MemoryMg upgrades in the US. Even the man who was seminal to the synthesizer industry was prone to some pretty staggering delays, and I was the one that had to deal with the irate customer calls when people had put deposits on their theremin and still had to wait *years* past the promised delivery for their instrument.

"fin" was trying to insinuate that my sum total involvement in the MI business was a dinner party. I'm just keeping the record straight. If you guys had the attention span longer than a ferret on a double espresso, I wouldn't have to throw that back into your face every third reply.

- you always point at others when someone questions Arturias behaviour for good reasons. Responsibility shifting without end...

Shifting responsibility? Are you serious? You seem to have this fixation that Arturia is a special case, and I give you example after example, including tearing down some of your paper tiger arguments that this is *not* a special case - *not* that any other company is responsible. Get a grip.

- you offer to be helpful youself some weeks ago, instead doing close to *nothing* to give *any* useful input here

Seriously dude, who died and made you the King Antagonizer of Origin? I plan to provide some tutorials and demos at some point, but I've got obligations other than satiating your desire to be catered to. Sorry, but in the world that *I* live in, it's business before pleasure. And right now, finishing the manual is business, and the rest is pleasure. Just because I post in this thread doesn't mean that I'll be on your imagined time table.

-  and in the end you return to boasting again about what you know and others don't?

It's not boasting, it's the statement of plain fact that all of your ramblings about what the Origin *is* or *isn't* don't even rise to the level of uneducated guessing. Seriously, you *don't* know what you're talking about. That's not me boasting - that's just telling it like it is.

I have done a lot of betatesting myself, but I never answered a user outside the beta team in such a pathetic way.

The way you've been acting like a spoiled 5-year-old child since your first post in this forum, I seriously seriously doubt that you've ever been a beta tester for a hardware synth, or even a commercial plug-in for that matter. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I doubt it.

I will not answer to further posts by you.

Feel free to stop posting completely until you've actually tried or heard the synth. While you're away from the forum - do some meditation or something else that might help you find some patience. MusikMesse is just around the corner.
Houston Haynes

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
Bad news?
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2008, 08:57:56 pm »
i meant that if the origin is still not in production right now how can it be available between messe and summer namm. i know you have a real unit for beta. sorry my english is not always good :wink:  :wink:

Pip

• http://www.thebabybuddahs.co.uk
Bad news?
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2008, 11:45:35 am »
RC - good question I'm a little confused as to how this statement sits with this "the desk top will be available in a few weeks" - a recent quote from Antoine.
Later
pip pip pip ... piiip piiip piiiip ... pip pip pip

DeFrigge

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Bad news?
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2008, 06:45:01 pm »
Antoine, I think you should confirm the May date as start of delivery, if true, to end the painful everlasting guessing here in the board.

For me it will be too late but others will appreciate the clarity...

Pip

Bad news?
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2008, 11:45:40 pm »
Yup, clarity please - enough with the cloak and dagger stuff. As a potential customer who's been waiting months , May as a date seems close, so let us know.
It also appears to becoming a poor secret with the launch in London annouced for May.
Later

weaponEX

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaponexmusic
Bad news?
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2008, 02:29:15 am »
I don't understand the impatience over the release date? Just wait until it comes out. Chances are they're not doing it just to drive you away and annoy you - I hate it when companies rush things to get them on the shelf. Imagine the damage they'd be doing to themselves if it was even slightly faulty! Apologies if you are a hardware synthesizer manufacturer yourself, then you of course, know all about it

Pip

Bad news?
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2008, 10:21:59 am »
Weaponx - some of us have been waiting for a release date for 14 months and expected up until recently that we would get the synth late 2007 or at worst 1st qtr this year so we are getting a little restless (both dates hinted at by Arturia in this forum).

Agreed about bug free, unfortunately no release 1.0 ever is! It also appears that we will not be getting many templates so as far as I'm concerned orgin will be work in progress for months after version 1 and when we finally see one.
Later

DeFrigge

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Bad news?
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2008, 11:45:55 am »
Quote from: "weaponEX"
I don't understand the impatience over the release date?

WeaponX,

I have betatested synthesizer hardware as well as software and I know by experience that no beta tester team finds even nearly all bugs in a complex system. You can be sure for *any* device like Origin that only in permanent *use* by many users with different profiles and workflows and platforms you will really stumble on problems not obvious to first betatesting.

It is ok for a company to say: we have not even finished our product to a degree of a stable (within the limits of first betatesting) and fully working (including the complete annonced functionality) release. And it would be good in this case to name a halfway realistic, rough new time frame for release. But it comes over as a really *lame* excuse to the public, to explain heavy delays with the claim of releasing a very mature product, other than others usually do, who *always* have small or more significant first release problems. And then offer a product which probably has the same first release problems as anybody else, and maybe even reduced functionality compared to the announcements.

So I find any use of the word 'impatience' in connection with Arturias heavily oversized delays, bad communication and (if the information spreading here and elsewhere is true) very limited template functionality of the first release *after* all this amount of delay, just plain ridiculous...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines