April 19, 2024, 06:46:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: AF2.0 IMPOSSIBLE TO AUTHORISE IT!!!  (Read 2924 times)

lee

AF2.0 IMPOSSIBLE TO AUTHORISE IT!!!
« on: March 05, 2008, 06:41:46 pm »
Dear Arturia and fellow frustrated users

Yesterday I bought AF2.0 as I had been impressed with the reviews and demos, I bought it from Digital Village in the UK. The spec that I saw said it required a spare USB to authorise it. No problem I thought.

When I get it home I open it to find there is no USB dongle but that it uses an e-Licenser. Not knowing what an e-Licenser was I spoke to tech support who told me that I need to *simply* go online to register and authorise AF2.0 with some sort of e-dongle from synchrosoft.

Can I just take this moment to politely point out to Arturia that the MAJORITY of studio owners keep their studio PC's and MAC's completely isolated from the internet. I personally have my studio in a seperate building from my house, there is no wired or indeed wireless connection to my studio for very good security reasons. Any software or programs I need for the studio I download in my house, thoroughly "clean" and test, then take it down to the studio on a seperate drive. This is what many pro and nonpro studios do to keep their systems in top condition and free from contaniments.

So, the upshot is, I have no way of authorising and therefore, using AF2.0.

Arturia, I am not impressed by you protection method, it seems to be at complete odds with most studios. The most annoying factor in all this is that customers are not told of this method of authorising in any of the reviews, write-ups or sites offering the product for sale - or even on the box itself - This is very poor.

Yours Extremely annoyed and disappointed

Lee

Ernst

Re: AF2.0 IMPOSSIBLE TO AUTHORISE IT!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 01:28:36 pm »
Quote from: "lee"

This is what many pro and nonpro studios do to keep their systems in top condition and free from contaniments.

I totally agree! You can buy a seperate usb dongle, costs: 14€

And the latest syncrosoft version should be able to transfer your lincense you downloaded at home to the usb dongle plugged in at home...
That`s what syncrosoft says.

But that`s not really what I think about customer care  8)

Antoine

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 05:56:11 pm »
LCC 5.3.9.5 (pre-5.4.0.0) has been released...
==> http://ns20209.ovh.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2309
ex-Arturian

Pip

• http://www.thebabybuddahs.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 03:26:12 pm »
Agreed - I'm in my 3rd week of trying to authorise AF. Today I downloaded LCC 5.3.9.5 and entered the code on my card, not valid :evil: , I then entered the code Antione kindly sent me......guess what not valid :twisted:  :twisted:
So I'm tommorow or Friday AF will go back with a track record of the worst hassle ever from an authorisation perspective I've ever known and I've been running a studio since pro 16 on thr Commadore!!
I'm shocked at how bad support and authorisation appears from Arturia - this is my first and I suspect last product from Arturia, this whole performance has even put me off Origin, I've lost complete faith I'm afraid :cry:
Later
pip pip pip ... piiip piiip piiiip ... pip pip pip

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines