April 20, 2024, 08:39:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MMV AU v1.2 Upgrade - Major Hassles!!!  (Read 11499 times)

andrewa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MMV AU v1.2 Upgrade - Major Hassles!!!
« on: November 29, 2003, 04:29:12 am »
I tried to upgrade - wouldn't work until I deleted v1.1 and reinstalled v1.0. Then v1.2 seemed to install fine.
BUT my existing tracks don't see new MMV - I get this dreaded "Core Audio: Plug-In Mg Modul not available!" message. I've been really using the MMV so this update is disasterous for me. I hope I can install the old version to see what patches each track was using.
Is there any way around this mess? (other than never upgrading)

Arturia updates (like the new CS-V80 update) also scramble some of the preset menus - another major mess. My own user presets have a bunch of stray factory presets added to the bottom of the list.

These are professionally priced plug-ins - they shouldn't have these kinds of productivity killing problems

Logic 6.3.2   Mac OS 10.3.1

Loopy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.dbkaos.com
AU Logic Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2003, 12:36:02 pm »
1.2 update

Logic Error code -3000 was returned by the Core Audio Driver

MMV 1.2 works as stand alowen in Panther but no Audio Unit in Logic

The 1.1 version worked the other way round

:oops:

Loopy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
AU Logic Problems
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2003, 12:37:42 pm »
1.2 update

MMV 1.2 works as stand alone in Panther but no Audio Unit in Logic

Loopy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
AU Logic Problems
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2003, 12:38:15 pm »
1.2 update

Loopy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2003, 12:39:23 pm »
1.2 update

Loopy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2003, 12:39:54 pm »
1.2 update

andrewa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2003, 03:25:47 pm »
boy, loopy is loopy...

what's your setup? OS, Host, etc.

Panzermensch

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2003, 12:54:18 am »
ok i got it!

You have delete all Mg-Data from your Disk (sad but true) and install first the original from CD and then the 1.2 WITHOUT the 1.1 Update.

*blush*

for me it work fine now!

Panzermensch

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2003, 12:54:39 am »
ok i got it!

You have delete all Mg-Data from your Disk (sad but true) and install first the original from CD and then the 1.2 WITHOUT the 1.1 Update.

*blush*

for me it work fine now!

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2003, 12:56:28 am »
ok i got it!

*blush*

for me it work fine now!

xavier

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2003, 02:21:34 pm »
Hello andy,

I am very sorry to see how many problems you got with this update.

About presets and the way they are saved :

Each preset is saved in a single file, completely independant of the host sequencer you're using. When you select a preset, this file is read and COPIED inside the host sequencer.
There was actually a problem with the 1.2 update published on 11/27/03; this version was not able to read the old 1.1 preset files. But we fixed rapidly this bug and published a new update file on 11/28/03.

The presets are common to all of the instances of the MMV (or CS-80V) you are using, whatever the host sequencer. When you edit AND save a preset,
- every existing and unmodified instance of the MMV will be playing the older preset.
- every new instance of the MMV using that preset or every existing instance that re-selects that preset will be playing the modified preset (actually the preset file is read and copied once again).

==> ADVICE
So all of the titles you have done before updating MMV must give you the same sound after updating, provided you DO NOT CHANGE anything in your project. But of course, if, after updating, you re-select presets or add and replace instances of MMV, you loose all of the modifications you have done before.

I hope this will help you.

Best regards
Xavier

rnbeatz

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2003, 02:27:10 am »
This doesn't help me.  I upgraded and I can use the standalone just fine.  I can also re-instanciate a new MMV and it works fine.  What I can't do is open an existing song without getting an error message.

Logic 6.3.2
OSX 10.8
TDM Hardware
Mac G4

Quote from: "xavier"
Hello andy,

I am very sorry to see how many problems you got with this update.

About presets and the way they are saved :

Each preset is saved in a single file, completely independant of the host sequencer you're using. When you select a preset, this file is read and COPIED inside the host sequencer.
There was actually a problem with the 1.2 update published on 11/27/03; this version was not able to read the old 1.1 preset files. But we fixed rapidly this bug and published a new update file on 11/28/03.

The presets are common to all of the instances of the MMV (or CS-80V) you are using, whatever the host sequencer. When you edit AND save a preset,
- every existing and unmodified instance of the MMV will be playing the older preset.
- every new instance of the MMV using that preset or every existing instance that re-selects that preset will be playing the modified preset (actually the preset file is read and copied once again).

==> ADVICE
So all of the titles you have done before updating MMV must give you the same sound after updating, provided you DO NOT CHANGE anything in your project. But of course, if, after updating, you re-select presets or add and replace instances of MMV, you loose all of the modifications you have done before.

I hope this will help you.

Best regards
Xavier

andrewa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2003, 05:46:24 am »
This doesn't help me.  I upgraded and I can use the standalone just fine.  I can also re-instanciate a new MMV and it works fine.  What I can't do is open an existing song without getting an error message.

Apparently we have to reinstall the old version, open our old songs, export the MMV settings for each track (and name them so you know which track in which song they go with), reinstall v1.2 and import the presets. Jeeze, is there an easier way???

Here's an Arturia quote from the Logic forums:

The AU mac type has changed, I think that's why Logic does not recognize the plugin. The subbank presets name has changed, but the presets are the same. We've done that to fit the new browse 'all' functionality.

About the import/export problem, we've fixed it and posted a new update. You can download again the update, then you'll be able to import old presets files.

Sorry for the trouble,

Best regards,

Nicolas
ARTURIA

xavier

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2003, 04:34:37 pm »
We are working to uplpoad very soon a version compatible with your older AU project (DP4 or Logic)

I understand your angry. and we will do the best to fixe your problems.

Xavier

rnbeatz

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2003, 08:47:08 pm »
Shouldn't this be put in a readme file so we know this BEFORE WE INSTALL while we have the choice NOT TO INSTALL? Or, are we the beta testers finding these issues out?  This is exactly the type of problems that are keeping me from buying the CS80v.  

I don't know why but I can not re-install v1.1 update.  So, I am stuck with v1.2.  At least I can work on new stuff.

Quote from: "andrewa"

Apparently we have to reinstall the old version, open our old songs, export the MMV settings for each track (and name them so you know which track in which song they go with), reinstall v1.2 and import the presets. Jeeze, is there an easier way???

Here's an Arturia quote from the Logic forums:

The AU mac type has changed, I think that's why Logic does not recognize the plugin. The subbank presets name has changed, but the presets are the same. We've done that to fit the new browse 'all' functionality.

About the import/export problem, we've fixed it and posted a new update. You can download again the update, then you'll be able to import old presets files.

Sorry for the trouble,

Best regards,

Nicolas
ARTURIA

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines