March 28, 2024, 09:46:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Access virus TI  (Read 4094 times)

weaponEX

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaponexmusic
Access virus TI
« on: March 06, 2008, 04:39:15 pm »
I don't know what I'm talking about because I haven't owned an Access virus TI or even played one, but it has been the synth im saving up for since 2 years ago. I've heard lots of demos of the Virus TI and it sounds flawless. I've heard comments like "It is agreed that this is currently the best synthesizer on the planet" etc etc and comments like "don't buy a Kord Radias because the Virus can do everything it can do" etc. In fact apart from aliasing in higher octaves on some patches, the TI appears to be flawless.

I imagine there is a degree of 'different synths for different jobs' / 'they have their own unique style' to this question, but how does this compare the the Access Virus TI, in terms of versatility and cross-over?

As always, I apologize if these answers lie elsewhere in these forums!
Thanks
BEN

DeFrigge

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Access virus TI
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 06:41:19 pm »
I play a TI and confirm on most of the positive comments you got.

Still it is untrue that one synth can sound like all the others. The TI is covering a very wide area from warm vintagesounds to cold industrial sounds, but of course it has its own basic sonic character like anything else. It does not sound like a Mg, an Arp, a Korg Polysix or whatever. So despite liking the Access TI very much, I still appreciate the sounds of other synths as well.

Arturia did some very well modelled software VA synths coming a bit closer to some vintage origninals than I can with my Access. I can't tell anything about Origin, because I'm still missing signigficant mp3 demos. But it will have its own character as well.

So the first thing you should asnwer yourself is what kind of music you want to do and what kind of synth sound might fit that music best. And instead of just reading specs and even hearing demos it's still the best to walk into a store and check sounds with headphones on.If possible, don't only check the presets (they are often poor to middle class) but tweak a bit yourself to get a first impression...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines