March 28, 2024, 08:35:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Have there been any improvements in accuracy?  (Read 3214 times)

chri1753

Have there been any improvements in accuracy?
« on: March 28, 2008, 04:23:28 pm »
The Sound on Sound review of version 1.0 detailed a number of sonic differences between Prophet V and its models. Other than the fixing of the filter bug, have any changes to the software's sound been made since 1.0, please? Or are any such changes planned? The website says that "All the original parameters of the Prophet 5 and Prophet VS" have been reproduced: does this mean that the crucial Double mode on the VS is now available?

I would also be very interested in any such changes coming for CS-80V, which I haven't yet found suitable as a replacement for my expensively troublesome CS-80.

Personally I care more about equivalence or superiority in absolute quality than perfect emulation. Sadly, the CS-80V's versions of CS-80 patches are not just different in character but, to my ear, markedly less attractive. I've just ordered Prophet V, and I hope the same is not true of it. Since no non-lossy samples, A/B comparisons or undongled demo are available, it's not generally possible even to find out.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines