April 19, 2024, 07:05:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Glitchy Sounds anyone??  (Read 3553 times)

redragebrian

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Glitchy Sounds anyone??
« on: April 19, 2008, 08:57:25 am »
I bought Analog Factory experience 2.0 a few weeks back and after the usual install issues i got it working fine and used it on many occasions.

Hadn't used it in a week and when i turned it on the other day many of the sounds were all glitchy, cutting out when i tried anything other than a single note, and even some single notes sounds were struggling. I've tried restarting my computer etc, but no improvement.  It sounds like a CPU load issue, but it seems to have suddenly manifested itself and it happens with nothing else running.

Last week i had it running in Garageband using 5 different AF sounds at once and there was no issue, so i dont see how the cpu is suddenly struggling.

I have a Macbook 2ghz Intel Core Due running OSX 10.4.11.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks

Brian

redragebrian

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Glitchy Sounds anyone??
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 12:02:48 am »
OK, i sorted this out.  I did a search on google and noticed on some other forum someone mentioning Logic 8 becoming glitchy when their wireless device was active.

Now i dont use logic, i use garageband and they were also using a PC, but i turned off my airport in my macbook and the problem went. Turn it on and its back.

So anyone else has this problem try this solution.

mmoston

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Glitchy Sounds anyone??
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 05:49:38 am »
Odd. I just read your post and think it's strange that Logic 8 gets glitchy with wireless devices active. I use it all the time with the Airport on and have never experienced what you are describing. Also, Logic 8 doesn't run on a PC.

But I'm glad that your issue is solved.

I tracked with AFE in Logic today and found that the sound of the synths feels a little less alive and vibrant than in stand-alone mode. Have you experienced this in GB?

bdhm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Glitchy Sounds anyone??
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 09:24:09 am »
I had the same problem with MAX/MSP, LOGIC, LIVE ....

it was by the last AirPort update.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1463824&tstart=0

bd

keholder

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Glitchy Sounds anyone??
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 04:25:22 pm »
I just had this problem (among others) and the fix on my end was that Arturia "forgot" what the audio driver settings were.  When I went into the "File" pulldown the driver was set to <blank>.  I also had to re-tune the buffer for the correct latency..  once I did that, it was working just like it did before.

Good luck!

redragebrian

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Glitchy Sounds anyone??
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 11:06:16 pm »
Yeah, obviously must not have been a PC that had the wireless problem with Logic.  I think the post said '...turned off my wireless device...' and i assumed it was a PC because they didnt call it 'airport'.

Anyway, fact is the problem stopped when i turned off airport.

Even more strange is that today the problem is not there even with Airport turned on!!

I'm not too phased by it, if turning off airport occasionally fixes the problem then i'm cool with that, as long as it works.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines