March 29, 2024, 11:50:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: no reply from arturia support!  (Read 14945 times)

bodan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
no reply from arturia support!
« on: May 08, 2008, 01:46:32 pm »
how long does it take to get an answer from arturia support?

my first support request was answered after almost one year.
 :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
my second starts to become old... i changed my computer in the meantime etc....

all the best bodan

Sweep

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 11:08:16 am »
They're pretty pulled out with Origin, but that does seem like a long time. It's probably been overlooked somewhere.

It's always worth posting questions here in the forums. Someone may have resolved the same problem.

srstarr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Missing in Action Ordered Analog 2.0
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 09:30:02 am »
Hi there,
I posted in another section, but I'm not sure it has been noticed.  I ordered Analog 2.0, Arturia took the money out of my credit card account, and that was over a month ago.  How long should I wait before I go to my credit card company? or are they slow in responding, or will they respond at all?  It seems like if you order something you should at least get a confirmation or a note saying they got the order in an email.  I got the confirmation during the purchase, but no email....nothing.......I'm getting nervous about all of this.

I've read all the good, bad, and ugly about Artuia......I loved the trial that they sent with pro tools ignition pak, and couldn't wait to get the real thing.  I was contemplating buying more stuff, but how can I trust that It may take a long time to get the product.

I'm hoping someone will see this and help me.....what am I to do?  

Shannon Starr

Sweep

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 02:51:11 pm »
By the nature of the problem only Arturia can deal with it, obviously. I'd write to them again and mark it urgent - if it's an email, use the high priority setting.

It may be, of course, that they've sent the software and it's gone missing, rather than them not having sent it at all. They need to know, anyway, that you haven't got it, whatever the reason may be.

You could also send a private message to one of the Arturia moderators on here. Try Antoine or Vincent T.

As Arturia are a reputable company I'm sure you'll get your software. I'd think it's more a matter of getting it sorted with them than a cause for concern.

robiedobie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
arturia fraud
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 11:22:06 pm »
I asked for tech support help over 2 weeks ago and received no reply. No other software company in my long experience, ignores their customers like Arturia. If Arturia is selling programs that they clearly know do not work with all host sequencers, even though their packaging claims otherwise, then they are committing FRAUD-which is a CRIME-even in France!!!! The comments on this user forum plus "Antoines" "no comment" reply-accompanied by a moronic smiley/frowny face, to my questions about Brass non-compatibility with Digital Performer, convinced the retailer that I purchased Brass from, to refund my money-a practice virtually unheard of with trying to return software. Brass is defective and anyone who has purchased it and had bad or no results (as I did) while trying to use it, should consider their options because what Arturia is getting away, is nothing short of unbelievable.

Ted Perlman

• http://www.tedperlman.com
Re: arturia fraud
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 10:56:33 am »
Quote from: "robiedobie"
No other software company in my long experience, ignores their customers like Arturia

Exactly 100% true! Arturia is a company made up of immoral and low life types who charade as a company that care about their customers. If you ever got to know what the owners were REALLY like you'd understand why their customer support is almost non-existent. I lobby constantly to all my friends at retail to stop supporting this immoral company. Eventually they will all listen to me.

Vincent T

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 11:22:31 am »
ough.. take it easy, guys...

Hi there,
I posted in another section, but I'm not sure it has been noticed. I ordered Analog 2.0, Arturia took the money out of my credit card account, and that was over a month ago. How long should I wait before I go to my credit card company? or are they slow in responding, or will they respond at all? It seems like if you order something you should at least get a confirmation or a note saying they got the order in an email. I got the confirmation during the purchase, but no email....nothing.......I'm getting nervous about all of this.

I've read all the good, bad, and ugly about Artuia......I loved the trial that they sent with pro tools ignition pak, and couldn't wait to get the real thing. I was contemplating buying more stuff, but how can I trust that It may take a long time to get the product.

I'm hoping someone will see this and help me.....what am I to do?

Shannon Starr

Hi shannon!
did you receive your software or not yet?
if not, i will inform the concerned people. usually we have no problem with web sales but thanks to murphy's law shit sometimes happens...

As Arturia are a reputable company I'm sure you'll get your software.

of course yes!

I asked for tech support help over 2 weeks ago and received no reply. No other software company in my long experience, ignores their customers like Arturia. If Arturia is selling programs that they clearly know do not work with all host sequencers, even though their packaging claims otherwise, then they are committing FRAUD-which is a CRIME-even in France!!!!

Hi, Robbie. Did you have an answer from Antoine? If not, i will have a look at the position of your case into the big 'pipe-line' of the technical support.
and pleeeeeeease avoid the words 'crime' and 'fraud' even if you're a bit (or very) angry against us.

Anyway, I didn't work on Brass, so I couldnt answer your question but I don't think that my collegue put 'DP' on the box if brass was compatible with no version of DP. Please try to imagine the time it takes to test all the fuctionnalities of a soft under cubase sx, sx 2, sx3, 4 under windows XP thes cubase sx, sx2, sx3, 4 under vista, then sonar 1, 2,3,4,5,6,7, then live 1,2,3,4,.... etc... and maybe you will understand that the terms 'fraud' and 'crime' are ridiculous and inapropriates.

No other software company in my long experience, ignores their customers like Arturia.

ever tried MOTU ? :lol:

Exactly 100% true! Arturia is a company made up of immoral and low life types who charade as a company that care about their customers. If you ever got to know what the owners were REALLY like you'd understand why their customer support is almost non-existent. I lobby constantly to all my friends at retail to stop supporting this immoral company. Eventually they will all listen to me.

aaaaaaaaaaahhh Ted! I'ts been a long time!

#1 the customer service have been almost inexistant until last year, when we hired Antoine especillay for this task. I have to say that since this time the support improved a lot in quality, even if it's difficult to make everyone happy with a so small team...

#2 immoral and low life types will never be enough to describe us  - but i will take that as a compiment.

#3 maybe you should better do your preacher job on your own website's forum 'www.boycottarturia.com'. why? because this forum is not a democracy and i am the grandmaster moderator here. so i accept criticism until the point I get very angry to see myself called 'scumbag' of 'low life type' or whatever and decide to erase all the insulting posts.
yeah, call me staline, I love it.
Vincent
DSP Arturia

Ted Perlman

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 08:24:27 pm »
Quote from: "Vincent T"
... so i accept criticism until the point I get very angry to see myself called 'scumbag' of 'low life type' or whatever and decide to erase all the insulting posts.yeah, call me staline, I love it.

Dear Stalin: (no "e" at the end, and proper names have to be capitalized in any language - just FYI)

YOU are not the scumbag or low life immoral type of person I was referring to. I meant the owners and top "people" (they don't really qualify for that word) of arturia. I would feel much better about artooria if YOU were running it, because I am sure YOU would not have treated me in the same nasty, anti-American manner that THEY did.

Teuf

• http://www.audiokeys.eu/forum/index.php?
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 02:51:03 pm »
Wow wow wow  :?

Relax !

Teuf

Sweep

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 04:20:15 pm »
The only thing that worries me is this:

Quote from: "Ted"
... the same nasty, anti-American manner that THEY did.

We really don't need Bush taking a detour and invading Arturia before attacking Iran. Enough is enough with this "anti-American" stuff. Enough was more than enough long ago.

Ted Perlman

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 09:35:53 pm »
Quote from: "Sweep"
We really don't need Bush taking a detour and invading Arturia before attacking Iran

Now THAT'S funny!  LOL!!!

Enough is enough with this "anti-American" stuff. Enough was more than enough long ago.

Has anything changed personnel-wise at Arturia? No....well, than it's still not "more than enough".

bodan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 02:34:00 pm »
i spoke with some guys from arturia at musikmesse 08. my statement was really clear: arturia support doesn't exist.
they tried to convince me that everything will be better after messe.
as far as i can see, nothing changed.
how much work is it to support your paying customers?
browsing your forum every second day, answering let's say 20 to 50 support requests per day.
i know several software companies, with one or two persons, offering a thousand times better support than arturia.
i think that all resources of arturia are used up because of origin. so why should they support their customers?
e.g. customer x found a bug... why should arturia confirm this bug or announce an update, when there are no resources available to programm the update.
so i think their strategy is simple.... just do nothing!!!!!
all the best
bodan

Sweep

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 12:15:31 am »
Well personally I've had no real problem contacting Arturia, but then again my Arturia products have been trouble-free and any contact with the company has therefore been non-urgent.

I'm not just saying this to gloat, or anything like that.  I think it's worth looking at why some of us have technical problems and others don't.

The problems reported in these forums fall broadly into four cateories:

1) general questions of the `how do I...?' kind, many of which can be answered by other users. I and a few other people try to respond to questions like that when we can.

2) technical problems involving interfacing with software supplied by other companies.

3) notification of bugs. Some of these are minor, others more serious, though the serious ones tend to fall into category 2 - problems interfacing with products supplied by other companies. There are also the massive bug lists with the Mg Modular V supplied by someone who has no experience whatsoever with a Mg modular but still complains loudly that the MMV isn't sufficiently like the original Mg. The person in question lasted a very short time on the Mg forums before making a rapid retreat. Where there's a genuine bug, I or someone else will suggest a work-around if we know of one. Arturia themselves will attempt to resolve the problem, and despite their high workload and commitments they've released updates to correct some of these problems, with more updates on the way.

4) Questions about patches, of the nature of `has anyone got a patch for so-and-so's sound on such-and-such a song?'

1) and 4) aren't of course problems in the sense of defects with Arturia's products, but I've included them for the sake of completeness. Users sometimes mistake issues in category 1) for defects.

By far the greater proportion of serious problems seem to fall into category two, issues with third party software.

I don't want to sound as though I'm minimising anyone's problems when I say this, but it does need to be said that none of these third-party problems occur if you treat the Arturia synths like any hardware synth. I play my Arturia instruments exactly the way I play my Mg, Yamaha, Korg and Roland synths - from a keyboard and plugged into a sound system with a digital recorder in the signal path There's basically no difference between playing a hardware synth and playing Arturia software, and my MIDI controller gives me direct control over the knobs in the software.

So it seems clear to me that Arturia's main problem is compatibility with other software supplied by other companies. No wonder there are problems. There's a lot of truth in the adage that you can tell pioneers by the arrows in their backsides, and Arturia certainly get a lot of those arrows. And when they're pioneering something that's expected to work seamlessly with other software that's nothing to do with them, it shouldn't be surprising there are problems.

It's also worth bearing in mind that problems with pioneering instruments aren't unusual. Mg modular owners will readily tell you that, especially if they had the original 901 oscillators. Early Prophet 600s had disappearing patches. So did early Roland V-Synth XTs (at least mine did). (To take a very few examples at random.)

With time, problems like that get sorted out. Arturia has sorted out a number of things. The problems that remain tend to be these third-party compatibility issues. which make for much larger and less predictable problems than are usual with synthesizers because they're third-party issues in the first place and because these other people's products are themselves liable to updates, as indeed are the operating systems on PCs and Macs.

So I'm saying this to be realistic. In an ideal world Arturia would be a bigger company, able to take infinite time on problems and apply infinite resources. But that won't happen because it never does. It didn't happen at ARP, and they disappeared. It's never happened at Mg, and they've vanished and then returned, still valiantly struggling like every other company. But the bottom line is, these Arturia products (at least the four I own) work perfectly well when treated like any other synth - plugged into a sound system and recording device and played from one of those quaint black and white things that musicians use to play notes with their fingers. Interfacing with software from other suppliers, be prepared for problems, and maybe hope for miracles, but don't necessarily expect them. If everything works perfectly, then great, but if it doesn't, don't give up on what are basically really excellent instruments.

Antoine

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 11:31:55 am »
Quote from: "bodan"

as far as i can see, nothing changed.

I'm not sure you got all the elements to see the whole problem in its entirety, and it's normal as you get an exterior sight, then inevitably partial.
What IS visible are the few persons that have their case yet or partially unsolved, or not as quickly as they would legitimately expect.
What IS NOT visible are each week hundreds of users that have their cases solved in hours if not minutes after they posted, those who receive a new original CD / activation code / dongle, those who get help restoring their ProTools session (even if we're not Digidesign)... Well I cannot list the endless list of people which are satisfied but almost NEVER post a friendly message here or there. THAT is a fact I and my beloved colleagues know. Please see no auto-congratulation here, as much can of course be improved...

how much work is it to support your paying customers?

More than a full-day job, which MUST be done in quite less... :cry:

browsing your forum every second day, answering let's say 20 to 50 support requests per day.
i know several software companies, with one or two persons, offering a thousand times better support than arturia.

Great, I would be pleased to have a training there. Feel free to (private) mail me such companies names.

i think that all resources of arturia are used up because of origin. so why should they support their customers?

It's a fact Origin's finalization consumes most of our resources, including me at Tech Support (and also electronic works and industrialization process).
Days are so short, but I uppermost find the time to support our customers, that's a fact.

so i think their strategy is simple.... just do nothing!!!!!

No Bodan, you're wrong, but I cannot blame you as you just do not have all elements in hands. Your point of view worths for us, though.
Keep on criticizing us, the more accurate you'll be, the more we will strengthen our synthesizers.
A kind of dialectics, in sum.  :wink:
ex-Arturian

FBM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 07:21:09 pm »
By the nature of the problem only Arturia can deal with it, obviously. I'd write to them again and mark it urgent - if it's an email, use the high priority setting.

It may be, of course, that they've sent the software and it's gone missing, rather than them not having sent it at all. They need to know, anyway, that you haven't got it, whatever the reason may be.

You could also send a private message to one of the Arturia moderators on here. Try Antoine or Vincent T.

As Arturia are a reputable company I'm sure you'll get your software. I'd think it's more a matter of getting it sorted with them than a cause for concern.

I keep thinking Sweep what are you doing on this Forum?! Do you work for Arturia?! It's been almost a year that I bought the V-Collection and I've only seen a Jupiter Beta no other updates and when people are complaining about the lack of support I alway's see you with your BS Story's that need a whole a4! I've not been here for 7 month and the first time I come here it's you again!!!
Cheers David

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines