March 29, 2024, 06:30:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Back at Square One or worse  (Read 3659 times)

mmoston

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Back at Square One or worse
« on: May 23, 2008, 12:46:45 am »
I recently had to reinstall my OS 10.4, destroying the delicate balance I had found between all of my programs and plug-ins working together in harmony.
Of course, AFE was one of the plug-ins that did not make it through alive. So now I have to reinstall it, after the headache of installing it to begin with. When I install the program, I open up the license control center and am told that my eLicenser and the AFE stored license have been disabled and asks that I repair the eLicenser. When I click on Repair, I get a message saying that I am not allowed to repair my Soft eLicenser anymore and that the number of repairs could have been exceeded. (I've had AFE for less than a month.)
Trying to open AFE without going through the Soft eLicenser process, I get the keyboard with nothing on the screen above it, no sounds loaded or anything other than a visual representation of the keyboard. If I try to do anything with the program, it quits.
I'm really at a dead end here. I love the sounds of AFE but this program is a real pain and the company hasn't responded to the email I sent this morning.
Can anyone tell me of their experience reinstalling AFE on a Mac?
Thanks.

Antoine

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 04:40:54 pm »
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Case processed through the usual Tech Support way.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ex-Arturian

mmoston

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 06:51:05 pm »
Antoine,

Almost done but not quite. Please hep me.
Maxim

mmoston

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 04:44:52 pm »
Thanks for your help, Antoine. Everything is working now.

nateflanigan

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 12:46:24 am »
Just got AF and I seem to be having similar experiences with OS 10.4 on a Macbook.  I Put in the disc, did the stuff and... well... nothing.  The program launches an empty screen and then crashes if I touch anything.  I haven't had the opportunity to enter a serial # or anything yet.  I downloaded the step by step guide but I can't seem to find the SLCC to even complete step one.  I have no idea what to do.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mmoston

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 06:50:27 am »
Did you ever successfully install AFE? If not, there are a bunch of other threads pertaining to this issue. It's really complicated, installing the SLCC. Unnecessarily so. I was  unsuccessful initially, then presto, something took and I could not tell you what I did. Reinstalling was even more problematic. I sort of hate Syncrosoft.

Antoine

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 09:30:54 am »
Drop an eye to this cross thread.
ex-Arturian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines