April 18, 2024, 12:37:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Storm's premature death!  (Read 2352 times)

beater

Storm's premature death!
« on: October 26, 2008, 07:41:50 am »
It's really unfortunate when company's fail to realize when they have something special
and simply let it die. Storm had the potential, to be one of the leading DAWs on the market. It definitely had the potential... to be a contender to Reasons!

Arturia, failed to put any marketing behind Storm which is the only reason it didn't grow wings. I saw a one-time ad in Guitar Center's sale catalog once, and never seen it much after that. I don't think many people had any Idea this program even existed... due to the fact the program was not marketed or pushed!

I read a post where someone stated they didn't know why Storm was so under-rated.
If hardly anyone knows of it's existence; naturally... it won't receive any attention!
Arturia, has always put far more attention on their synth plugs, while ignoring storm
in the process. Maybe Propeller-Head, paid them to cease development because of the similarities to Reasons.

Getting to the meat of this post... IMO, Arturia; should remove and cease the sale of Storm, when they know they're no longer developing this program nor releasing any updates for it. Why would you continue to sale an obsolete program???

Arturia, should follow in the footsteps of Digidesign, ( released Protools for free) and do the same for storm since development has ceased. If nothing else... the price should be drastically reduced if not made freeware!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines