March 28, 2024, 10:10:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Syncrosoft Copy Protection  (Read 3174 times)

marklord

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Syncrosoft Copy Protection
« on: October 26, 2008, 12:05:24 pm »
If you're going to INFLICT copy protection on PAYING users you should AT LEAST make sure it WORKS. Today I put a Mg V FX plug to a channel  in Logic 8.0.2 and it told me it needed the installation CD. WHY? Something to do with the authorisation apparantly. But I have already authorised it MONTHS ago. I thought that was the whole point of a bloody Syncrosoft key - once it's plugged in you are ready to go. So I duly stop mixing and climb into the Loft where I keep all my software boxes to find the original installations disks and put it in and click ok - and it seems to work. But I decide I don't want the Mg Modular I actually want the miniMg. So while the mix is playing I change the plugin for the miniMg and guess what? Now IT wants the damn installation CD. What is going on here? Except this time I can't put it the the CD drive because for some reason it won't eject while Logic it playing -but I can't STOP Logic because of the damn Arturia popup window asking me to insert the disc - so instead I have to click "cancel" at which point it says "miniMg V not available" - which is fine EXCEPT - it now CRASHES Logic 8 AND my mix - I can't force quit - I can't click "ok"  - in fact I can't do anything apart from hold down the power button on my MacPro for 4 seconds to kill my system. ARGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! You DAMN people with your STUPID bloody copy protection systems. Do you realise how many soft synth manufacturers there are out there? We do have a choice you know! Do you really think it's a good idea to penalise your PAYING customers with crappy flaky copy protection systems. Good though the plugins undoubtedly are if this happens again I for one shall be selling mine. AGGGGGHH! Now I've lost another hour mucking about with installation disk and writing this rant. Some of us earn our living from mixing you know. Time IS money and this IS VERY FRUSTRATING. Can't you move over to iLOK. It's SOOOO much more realiable. i NEVER have any problems with any of my iLOK apps and I ALWAYS seem to have problems with the Syncrosoft ones, whether it's Cubase, Wavelab, Korg Legacy or Arturia.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines