April 25, 2024, 04:54:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: im getting tired of waiting. Arturia, should i just by another synth ?  (Read 4118 times)

mikehuckaby

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
it has been announced a few weeks ago that origin has shipped.  i cant find a store anywhere in europe that has the origin on display.  no where in berlin, or germany has one either.

should i just buy another synthesizer from another manufacturer?

mike

mikehuckaby

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: im getting tired of waiting. Arturia, should i just by another synth ?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 08:01:07 pm »
i posted this on november 13th 2008, and here it is feb 16th, 2009, and no dealer in the usa or germany has one to test out in store.  i have a pocket full of cash to buy this, but i cant find one.

plus you guys said that sweetwater had bad units in stock.

i agree with this guy, who posted this on another forum:

I'm in two minds as to whether or not to buy an Origin, but am put off by the fact that the "world-wide launch" was on the 7th May 2008 and we're alomost in 2009 and I still can't find someone to sell it to me (in the UK)! And let's face it, you need to be able to test this baby before spending that kind of money!

all i want to do is buy this thing, but i cant.

mike

Antoine

Re: im getting tired of waiting. Arturia, should i just by another synth ?
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 10:11:04 am »
We ship Origin synthesizers to distributors each week, but most had been reserved since months. The wait have been (so) long for each one of potential buyers, that units are sold as long as they go along.
I presume it will take some more time before units be available just for "display & test" in shops, as you could expect for any synthesizer...
Probably your favorite shop should contact your country distributor, to ensure availability.
Or if you can't wait to dispose of your bucks, we also have an online store.
ex-Arturian

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
i posted this on november 13th 2008, and here it is feb 16th, 2009, and no dealer in the usa or germany has one to test out in store.  i have a pocket full of cash to buy this, but i cant find one.
plus you guys said that sweetwater had bad units in stock.

Mike,
There are Origin units available through various dealers in the USA (although, as Antoine said,  the first available units are going to users who pre-ordered them).
They are available via Internet dealers (currently: GuitarCenter.com, Music123.com, MusiciansFriend.com, NovaMusik.com, Sweetwater.com, ... more coming soon) .
There are also demo units available to test out in several stores in the main metro areas: Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Boston, Chicago, Atlanta, Washington DC,  ... more coming soon.
Regarding Sweetwater, they have received new units already.

Sean
Arturia US
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 03:29:28 am by Sean W »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines