March 28, 2024, 11:33:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minibrute SE  (Read 17880 times)

mcx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Minibrute SE
« on: March 12, 2014, 10:22:26 pm »
i just have one question when does it go on sale

calyx93

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Minibrute SE
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 11:57:41 pm »
i am so fucking pissed off about this release. i don't give a shit about the new faceplate and side panels, but the addition of the sequencer? really!?!? HOW FUCKING HARD WOULD THAT BE TO ADD TO THE EXISTING MINIBRUTE?

HOW ABOUT SUPPORTING YOUR ORIGINAL CUSTOMERS LIKE Mg DID FOR THE LITTLE PHATTY!?!? Apparently it wasn't THAT hard for them to add functionality to their exisiting synths without fucking over the consumer.

Why not provide an upgrade? Really!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 12:02:13 am by calyx93 »

calyx93

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 12:07:29 am »
you know - fuck it. i'd rather sell this and wait for the new odyssey.

hansendesigns

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 05:25:30 am »
Omg. SE is so ugly.  It looks like a DIY project.  I know that is petty but there is a new breed of consumer out there for the Brutes.  They dont care what synths looked like in 1972, they want something cool like the dark looks and rubbery knob goodness of the orig minibrute.  All black was awesome.  The bass station2 is so ugly i was putting up with waiting for my replacement mini brute now for three months rather than exchanging for the BS2 - even though BS2 has preset ability! 
  Of course once the micro came out with a better sequencer you knew the mini was lacking then! 
My minibrute's arp was my problem. The arp would would run about ten minutes and then crash the whole synth and it would stay lit but be otherwise dead, no sound. I got it for xmas from MgAudio Toronto and now it is mid march and it still hasn't been replaced.  It's kind of a nightmare.  I hope if they re-run the minibruteSE more than this current 3,000 units that they make one in black... Or just quietly add the sequencer to the regular mini.  Idk. I just run the minibrute off steppolyarp from an ipad anyway...  when i had one!   Arturia, Please get Mgaudio Toronto some more units!!! 

hansendesigns

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 05:30:08 am »
To tell you the truth i thought sequencer ability was going to come in a software update. The current silly version on the hold was not really doing it. Guess it's a hardware limitation?

Tom_1970

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 07:39:16 am »
The knobs in the Arp/Sequencer sequence look identical, so if the original and SE are technically alike maybe it is possible to load the SE OS into the original MiniBrute.

Or am I taking complete nonsense here?

kcearl

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 09:04:48 am »
Looks great...i have no space for keys or desktop models...Id love a rack version though and Im not alone

So saw the keys off, screw on some rack ears and Ill pay the same ;)

fernandolins

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 10:45:46 am »
Man, Arturia is pissing me off with this attitude. Please make an official statement saying that the MiniBrute will never get a firmware update, it's better than having your costumers tricked and have their hardware replaced with new versions every 8 months. Then I can sell my MiniBrute and get a MicroBrute already. This is ridiculous.

jooechip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 12:40:24 pm »
Ouch! Arturia have seriously pissed off a hell of a lot of people.

bartleby

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 02:44:04 pm »
tbh i don't see why people are so angry.
obviously, the hardware and controls of the mb se are identical to the original mb - and the same sequencer functionality will doubtlessly be released for the regular mb as a fw update, which we have been waiting for for so long.
anything else would be madness on arturia's part...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:56:22 pm by bartleby »

fanwander

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 09:53:33 pm »
I really hope, that Arturia publishes the Sequencer as Firmware upgrade for the existing Minibrute. I'd understand it, if the will hold the upgrade back until the SE is sold (though I think that 3000 units is quite a big series for a company like Arturia).
Also I urgently hope, that the external gate will be used as clock for the sequencer and/or the arpeggiator.

bartleby

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 10:40:38 pm »
amen, florian, amen!

i don't see why they should wait for the se with the fw update, though. release it as soon as it's ready, i would say. and i can't see why it wouldn't allow you to switch between arp and seq. the arp is pretty nice, after all. or at least it will be, as soon as it can be triggered via the external gate input. :)

btw it's kind of funny to see a synth guru like yourself being labelled an 'apprentice'! :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 11:15:15 pm by bartleby »

Thierry -Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 09:18:48 am »
Hi MCX,
Please note that although the keyboard issue affected only a small part of two specific production batches, we did replace *all* keybeds in our entire stock, and our distributors did the same. So you should be able to buy a new "original" MiniBrute with confidence  :)

bartleby

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 09:22:32 am »
@thierry: thanks for clearing that up (although i didn't quite see how the kb thing comes into play into the mb vs mbse thing, anyway - the two seem to use the same keybed).
while you're at it: could you please also confirm that in terms of hardware, mb and mbse are identical, and that there will be a fw update for the mb that will incorporate mbse's sequencing capabilities? do you perhaps even have an eta for that update?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 09:34:06 am by bartleby »

mcx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 09:51:11 am »
was this recall compulsary or voluntary as my local retailer doesnt seem to give a shit about customers as they are very unhelpful there demo models barley work and they have a price promise pledge but when i tried to price match an item they spent almost 20 minutes discussing the price match then told me sorry they cant do it which annoyed my as at the time was on a lunch break i guess ill just steer clear of them

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines