April 18, 2024, 06:22:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi Hugger?  (Read 2058 times)

Ayin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Midi Hugger?
« on: December 22, 2008, 02:03:46 pm »
I just installed my MMV, and I'm very happy with the sound and interface.
I do have one major problem though:  I use three controller with my laptop, and when the MiniMg is running, I get a Midi Port Error whenever I try to open my other softsynths, Korg Legacy and Virtual String Machine.

When I open those first, they work perfectly, but when I open the MiniMg, I can't play it from any of my controllers, but I can from the keyboard in the soft.

As I intended to use this setup live, the MS20 controller for the MS20, the Korg Kontrol49 for the Legacy, and the Evolution MK449C for the MiniMg, it is useless to me if I can't use all at the same time.

Is this an known issue, or does anyone have a solution?

thanks,

Jan

Ayin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Midi Hugger?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 12:04:10 pm »
The answer from support was to put my various softs on different midi channels.  I suppose it's an answer, but not an helpful one at all.  I still couldn't use any other soft when MM was active, I couldn't open saved files, and it made Sonar crash.

I reported this various times, and the only answer I got was about the midi channels, the other issues were ignored.

I've sold it, and the new owner seems to have no problem with it, but I'll never buy Arturia again because of the lack of support.  I use Minimonsta now, and that one's working without any problem.

Jan

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines