March 28, 2024, 10:33:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keyboard not recognized? Here is the driver...  (Read 81337 times)

Antoine

Keyboard not recognized? Here is the driver...
« on: January 02, 2009, 10:36:35 am »
The controller should be automatically recognized by the operating system as "USB audio device" (USB class compliant). But computers poetry sometimes interfere.

Please try to feed your system device manager with the attached *.INF driver file, this should run nicely.
ex-Arturian

Tarlo

Re: Keyboard not recognized? Here is the driver...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 01:50:44 pm »
sorry, maybe I am blind, where is this driver located, or where is the attachment??
 ???

Antoine

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 10:31:53 am »
After a short physical punishment session with our beloved webmaster, any logged user should see attached files. Can you see it now ?
ex-Arturian

tsaromero99

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 09:40:45 pm »
ok i see it now
what do i do with this file?

Antoine

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 09:24:01 am »
Here is the process, barely translated from the Windows XP French language version (so please forgive translation imprecision).

In your Windows Device Manager, the keyboard should be tagged with a question mark; right-click on it and choose Properties > Driver > Driver Update, choose "Install from a specified place", and select the *.INF file.

That should run like a charm now.
ex-Arturian

olhadox

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 03:29:33 am »
i downloaded this driver and followed the instructions - but the driver installer does not recognize this file as a driver file - cannot get my keyboard to work - help!!

Suneagle

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 02:50:47 am »
I am also having the same problem.
I cannot find the keyboard in my device manager?
Would really like some help with this that actually will work.

s0undc10ud

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 07:02:42 pm »
I have the same problem here. what we SHOULD get is a .INF driver and NOT this one you uploaded ----> arturia_afe.inf.txt            I tried to rename it and made it like this----> arturia_afe.inf (i just removed the .txt in the end) and STILL DOESNT work.
I am trying to make my keyboard work for more than 3 hours...
PLEASE supply us with working drivers for our AFE.

Antoine

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 09:09:53 am »
Solution might be just a click away ==> http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=2474.0
ex-Arturian

artpunk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • The Plastic Lens
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 12:41:37 am »
Hello Antoine, I am looking to purchase Factory and was wondering if the keyboard would work as a controller with iPad apps such as iMS20, iSequence and similar using the USB cable to camera connection kit without the need for a separate driver? In other words does the keyboard support iOS core midi functions?

2nd question, dependent on answer to 1st question: if the keyboard does work with the iPad as a midi controller, is Arturia planning on releasing any iPad software like the hybrid experience software? I would love to see that!

Cheers,

Cameron
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best…
Frank Zappa

Antoine

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 10:21:55 am »
Yo artpunk,

We did not test it on iPad yet, but as long as iOS responds to standard MIDI messages, I suppose it should just run fine.

On the second question, I will not give any hint on our current works / future releases. But of course this iPad intrigues us as well... ;)
ex-Arturian

artpunk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • The Plastic Lens
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 12:01:19 pm »
Yo artpunk,

We did not test it on iPad yet, but as long as iOS responds to standard MIDI messages, I suppose it should just run fine.

On the second question, I will not give any hint on our current works / future releases. But of course this iPad intrigues us as well... ;)

Thank you for your quick reply Antoine. I did some research on the iPad midi-controllers compatibility issues and found some good news, at least as far as the Factory keyboard is concerned; according to the link below at iosmidi.com, the Factory keyboard works (although probably will need to be externally powered):
http://iosmidi.com/devices/

re: your answer to question 2 - of course, I quite understand! If Arturia's intrigue ever leads you to need an enthusiastic beta tester at any future stage, please feel free to contact me!! ;D  I feel I will be purchasing the Factory very soon!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:57:56 pm by artpunk »
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best…
Frank Zappa

Geoff

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 12:01:06 pm »
How do I install this driver in OSX? Keyboard is not registering and totally fired my USB ports.

I've installed all the updates I can find and either need to get this fixed in a few hours (for an urgent project) or I am getting a new keyboard.

Here's tech info in case it's needed:

Mac Pro
OSX 10.6.8
2x2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

There is no sign of the Arturia Factory keyboard in my USB device tree and I'm afraid to plug it in on any more ports due to the fact it fried one already (possible hardware damage on a brand new computer is a bit upsetting).

Please let me know if this driver will work in OSX, how to install it properly and hopefully I get some feedback soon.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 12:16:03 pm by Geoff »

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 01:08:11 pm »
Yo artpunk,

Thank you for your quick reply Antoine. I did some research on the iPad midi-controllers compatibility issues and found some good news, at least as far as the Factory keyboard is concerned; according to the link below at iosmidi.com, the Factory keyboard works (although probably will need to be externally powered):
http://iosmidi.com/devices/

re: your answer to question 2 - of course, I quite understand! If Arturia's intrigue ever leads you to need an enthusiastic beta tester at any future stage, please feel free to contact me!! ;D  I feel I will be purchasing the Factory very soon!

I've tried connected directly to the iPad 2 Camera Connect Kit and it's underpowered (unfortunately) so the iPad refuses to recognize it.

Then, I tried it while connected to mains and (surprisingly) the iPad 2 still complains about the controller drawing too much power, so it refuses to accept it.

The only way to connect THE FACTORY controller to an iPad through the Camera Kit is by using a powered USB HUB. As soon as I had that between those two, I was able to control and CoreMIDI aware iPad app with THE FACTORY controller.

One interesting note though... after that connection is established through the powered USB HUB, I can unplug that HUB from the mains and it still works!

Which is a curious fact. Maybe the iPad only samples/checks the power drainage at the connection event OR the controller causes a power spike at connection time and then keeps going on a lower consumption level than initially.

As a side note and maybe feature suggestion, I wished the smaller Arturia controllers were lighter both on weight and power usage.

thisproductsucks

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2013, 06:42:57 am »
Far from a resolution, downloaded the driver, NEWSFLASH it is non executable. Tried hunting everywhere for 3 hours. NOTHING. online support within minutes? JOKE. cant wait to write the review for this hunk of garbage.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines