April 20, 2024, 06:44:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problems with an LFO (I think)....  (Read 3372 times)

grade e

Problems with an LFO (I think)....
« on: January 17, 2009, 03:35:25 am »
So I'm using a preset called C.P. Mod Bass 1 from the Bass's bank. The patch appears to have an LFO running on the cutoff filter because the filter is being modulated up and down which I down mind but at times it jumps way up or way down giving it a kind of popping sound. I've tried messing with the LFOs but none of them seem to effect it. I'm hoping someone might point me to the control that will turn this off or allow me better control it so it doesn't pop. I've tried messing with almost every slider but to no avail.

Any heros out there that can help?

Sweep

Re: Problems with an LFO (I think)....
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 02:09:49 am »
I've just spent a while with this. There are a few possibilities, though I'm not very familiar with the CS80V.

One question before anything else: is the multi-mode panel at the top of the synth open or closed in your version of the patch?

It was closed in my version, and when I opened it I got something that sounds like what you're describing. That was after trying a lot of other things to try to replicate your problem, so it's now too late at night to work out what's happening there and refine it, but if that section is open you may find that's the key to your problem - either just close it, or try making some adjustments.

The popping sound is probably CPU overload - it often is. If editing synth settings doesn't help, and if the problem coincides with the CPU percentage readout going into high figures, try the file menu - preferences - sample rate and experiment with other settings.

If it isn't that, and if someone else doesn't come up with a solution, then feel free to email me your version of the patch in question. It may differ from mine.

With any luck someone more knowledgeable than me on the CS80 will contribute to this, but if not then maybe that may be of some help?

Dooley

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 06:04:22 am »
I also tried the patch and didn't notice any popping. The filter is being modulated by the sub oscillator as the LFOs do not modulate the filters unless they are assigned to it in the modulation matrix (and the cover has to be open if I remember correctly). I didn't look at it closely but it sounds/looks like the sub oscillator is set to a saw waveform which is why the filter cutoff is jumping.

I would also guess that the popping is due to a cpu or sound card overload. You might try increasing the latency settings in your plug-in host. Or I guess you can modify the sub-osc settings.

Dooley

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 06:45:43 am »
I took a closer look at the patch and the sub oscillator is set to the sample and hold waveform and is modulating the filter. The oscillators are set to pulse waves and they are being modulated by the LFOs.

Tweaking the sub-oscillator settings should eliminate the popping (if you don't want or can't adjust your latency settings).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines