March 28, 2024, 11:07:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ArtFfct.dll  (Read 8694 times)

rhea

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
ArtFfct.dll
« on: February 02, 2009, 04:08:07 pm »
Hello. Since one week now my computer (WindowsXP professional) says "Alert: Impossible to find ArtFfct.dll" when I try to open 4 of my 5 Arturia products.  :-\ Only the Jupiter8V and the old version of Mg Modular 1.1 don't seem to have this problem. Where can I find this .dll to drop it again in my C:Windows/System folder? ???

Dooley

Re: ArtFfct.dll
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 06:12:44 am »
You could always try reinstalling one of your synths. That should fix it. I would try one of the synths that doesn't require the synchrosoft dongle. The CS-80V for example.

Otherwise, if Arturia okay's it (since I don't know what exactly it does) I could email you a copy as it is 160kb in size.

Antoine

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 10:13:06 am »
It is highly strange this library could have been deleted, probably a bad maintenance manipulation.
As Dooley suggested, reinstalling the synthesizer should restore it all.
ex-Arturian

rhea

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 12:27:30 pm »
Wow! I'm so happy with your reactions! Thank you!

Actually I was thinking of re-installing my CS-80 first (which is the one I have with the lowest number of personal sounds).

I looked in the 'old' Mg Modular V1.1 but I have no acces to the files on de CD-Rom. Only this VST and the Jupiter8V are still running without problems. The 4 others I can not use!

I think a Windows-update last week kicked out this .dll out of my c:Windows/System folder. Could that be possible?

If I can re-install my 4 Arturia VST's (MMV2, MiniMg, ARP2600, CS80) without loosing my sounds I would do it, but I am hesitating! (I once lost all my sounds on the MiniMgV by udating my version! With the MMV that was no problem, so... I'm a little bit prudent!)

So, perhaps I will accept your offer to send me the file. Can I wait some more days before we do that?

Greetz

Dooley

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 08:11:59 am »
A Windows update once messed up my sound card (gave me .dll errors), so it is possible.

If you can get Antoine to give me the okay, I will send you a copy.

Otherwise you can make a backup copy of your CS-80 saves folder. Or better, make a copy of the entire CS-80V folder and place it somewhere else on your hard drive. Then reinstall the synth and replace the save folder (and maybe some of the other files if necessary).

Antoine

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 02:18:19 pm »
@rhea
Theoretically, an install directly from the update should not erase any of your presets.
If you do not feel confident, first backup your banks and presets on a removable media using the "Export" function, and restore them after reinstalling the synthesizer.

@Dooley
No problem, you can share your DLL, via private mail of course.  ;)
ex-Arturian

rhea

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 12:28:30 pm »
Hi, guys! Your help was perfect! Muchos Gracias, Merci Beaucoup, Thanks a lot, Vielen Dank! My problem is solved, by re-instelling the CS-80V.

I lost my sounds by re-installing because I couldn't do an export (there was a really impressive attack of alert-messages -I believe 280 per minute!- so, I couldn't use the dropdownmenu's or nobs of the CS-80V anymore), but I prefer loosing these sounds instead of these of my Mgs and ARP!

All my VST's of Arturia are working perfecly again! The ArtFfct.dll is now in my c:Windows/System32 folder.

I really thank you all guys! I'm really glad!

;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines