March 28, 2024, 12:26:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Program changes and controllers  (Read 3158 times)

greek440bc

Program changes and controllers
« on: March 20, 2009, 10:30:20 pm »
Just plugged in Origin and it sounds great...no complaints here.

I looked through the manuals and online here but could not find out about how to do 2 things that we use often...

1) How do you access programs and then multi's with program changes...With Bank Changes?

2) Is there a chart for midi parameter controllers? for example what midi controller can I use for cutoff, res etc...

Any info would be appreciated...thanks

Philippe

Re: Program changes and controllers
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 07:56:45 am »
1) How do you access programs and then multi's with program changes...With Bank Changes?

With the current release (1.0.7) you can load a SINGLE or a *whole* MULTI with a Program Change  as long as you send a Bank Select (coarse or MSB status byte = 0xC0) with the bank number being the hundred number of the preset (eg 3 for SINGLE 345 or 11 for MULTI 1123) followed by a Program Change with the program beiing the last 2 digits (eg 45 for SINGLE 345 or 23 for MULTI 1123). It is not (yet) possible to load a *slot* within a MULTI using a Program Change. This should be changed in the next release.

2) Is there a chart for midi parameter controllers? for example what midi controller can I use for cutoff, res etc...

Goto page "Live / Midi", you'll find there a dialog enabling you to assign CC to internal parameters.

Origin Lead  Developer

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines