April 27, 2024, 01:15:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: wow - this is really complicated. Any1 know of a beginners guide?  (Read 2852 times)

kola

Hi,

Just downloaded the CS80 demo with a view to buying.  Loving some of the presets.  Would like to try and create a few of my own or dissect how these superb ones are made to reverse engineer them.

Is there a guide or beginners video?  Its like nothing I have seen before. 

Sweep

Re: wow - this is really complicated. Any1 know of a beginners guide?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 10:33:44 pm »
There's a manual when you buy it.

A couple of things that might help:

1) The best way to get into this or any other synth is to experiment with the patches that come with it. Play about with different things and work out how the sounds are put together.

2) I find it helps a lot to get a clearer view of the main control panel. Unless you have a very large monitor it can be difficult to see exactly what parameters you're editing. The way I dealt with that was to take a screen capture and print it, enlarged. I laminated that and I can prop it on top of the keyboard to make it easier to see what the controls say on them.

Using a midi controller with sliders or knobs helps a lot, too.

Dooley

Re: wow - this is really complicated. Any1 know of a beginners guide?
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 06:22:06 am »
You can download the manual in the downloads section. You might also want to download the manual of the Yamaha CS80. You may have to search around but it is available for download.

Also, there is a youtube video which shows how to create Vangelis' Blade Runner Intro sound. Basically detuned saws with a bit of modulation.

If you're familiar with subtractive synthesis then it's largely a matter of getting used to the signal routing.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines