April 25, 2024, 01:53:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: First 8 Notes Weird Attack  (Read 2818 times)

HFTobeason

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
First 8 Notes Weird Attack
« on: May 26, 2009, 11:12:02 pm »
When the CS80 is instantiated in either Mainstage or Logic, using one particular patch I've designed, the first 8 notes I play have a loud and sharp attack-type sound.  The ninth and all subsequent notes are fine.  This only happens on first instantiating the CS80, but it happens EVERY time it is instantiated.  Curiously, this only seems to happen on one particular patch.  Note that I have the Multi panel CLOSED.  Any ideas most appreciated.  Thanks.

HFTobeason

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: First 8 Notes Weird Attack
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 01:02:10 am »
Exhaustive testing seems to point to the VCF Level slider as the source of this weird issue.  If I set the VCF Level slider all the way up, the resultant sound is almost identical to the brief "attack" portion of the first eight notes.

I've also discovered that simply switching presets while the CS80 is open will "reset" the eight note count, and then switching back to the original preset will force the eight note problem.

Also, I can get the CS80 to do this on pretty much ALL of the factory sounds that have relatively quick attacks.

YESMAN

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 09:25:54 pm »
Hey HFTobeason,
   I've have the the same situation. Do you have any luck with the CS80V remembering CC assignments? These are both flagged as old topics, but I have not seen any response to these problems that still seem to exist.
   Thanks,

HFTobeason

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 10:08:21 pm »
The new CS80VII seems to work better - we haven't noticed the weird attack noise lately.  Or it could be something to do with the upgrade to MainStage 2.  Who knows?  The CS80VII plugin is still the least stable (by far) of any of the dozens of plugins we use.  It still sounds great, though.  As for remembering CC assignments, I know I've had tons of trouble with this in the past, but I can't honestly tell you if I'm still having trouble with version II.  Sorry.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines