April 24, 2024, 10:30:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: The Who "Won't Get Fooled" Organ sound??  (Read 5666 times)

engineerjoel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
The Who "Won't Get Fooled" Organ sound??
« on: July 16, 2009, 04:15:11 am »
Now in 2009, with all the latest and greatest softsynths available, has anyone even come close to programing the "Wont Get Fooled Again" organ patch?

I figure between all the Mg and ARP softsynths that Arturia has to offer, is there a patch preset already programed that has recreated this organ patch?

Thanks,

schragermeister

Re: The Who "Won't Get Fooled" Organ sound??
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 06:03:35 am »
go to youtube and type in what you typed for your subject of this thread and there is a decent demo of that sound done in reason. i'm new to arturia's stuff but i'm sure its possible.

jackn2mpu

Re: The Who "Won't Get Fooled" Organ sound??
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 01:10:53 pm »
What Pete Townshend did was to feed the output of his old Lowrey Berkshire Deluxe TBO-1 organ into an EMS VCS3 mk 1 synth. Actually he also later did it using an ARP2500 or 2600 as well. Anyway, he fed the organ output into the outboard synth to VCF whose cutoff frequency was controlled by an LFO. In one of the YouTube vids Pete says he used sample and hold but if you try this with any synth (hard or soft) you'll hear that's not really the case. The LFO fed either a sine or triangle wave to the VCF. The organ Pete used had a repeat function. To duplicate that now feed the output of the VCF to a VCA triggered by a square wave LFO. Adjust the speed of the LFO's to taste. For the actual organ notes those are just block chords.

For more info (where I got the above) as well as how to do the Baba O'riley sound, go to http://www.thewho.net/whotabs/equip-baba.htm
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines