March 28, 2024, 09:48:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: wheres the UPDATE  (Read 21392 times)

MindPoP_

wheres the UPDATE
« on: July 29, 2009, 07:24:40 pm »
???When is it gonna be out?

Philippe

Re: wheres the UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 07:47:34 pm »
We are starting the beta test this week. Some more weeks and it'll be available.
Origin Lead  Developer

MindPoP_

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 08:20:42 pm »
Right on I appreciate the FO.Ps playing a live show at the Riviera Hotle tonight in Vegas.Doing a live electronica/industrial set with an Origin,VirusTI and aSUppernova for my main synths.

aymericf

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Return To The Source
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 03:18:10 pm »
Hi ! How is the beta test going ? Do you have smile ? Do you think your Origin users will be happier than they could think on this update ? Some innovative french touch included ? Some sound examples perhaps... After that you will be allowed to go on vacation...perhaps  ;D

Cord

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 12:07:16 pm »
I do not know if this topic was discussed but my machine locks up when trying to use the audio input. Is this a bug or faulty machine?

Thanks.

Philippe

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 10:12:05 pm »
Yes this is a known bug that is fixed in the beta currently under test. In the meantime the workaround consist in cleaning up all voices by pressing the PANIC button before doing connections between modules.
Origin Lead  Developer

aymericf

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Return To The Source
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 12:21:19 pm »
Can we hope for a release on next week or ... ?

sparks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 03:11:37 pm »
Ok, so, if I'm not mistaken it's pretty much September in both France and Sweden and that, in turn, means that we have run out of August.

Any official word?

Best regards Sparks

Antoine

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 03:17:20 pm »
During this morning, I asked for an official statement to be redacted and posted, so this should not take huge time.
ex-Arturian

sparks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 03:44:54 pm »
Allright, thanks for the info :)

ripe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 02:41:09 pm »
Well, it seems that "redacting" a date takes quite some time as well. 

I'm surprised that Arturia is not more proactive in keeping the few users of it's fledgling hardware synthesizer happy, either by providing information, providing the update or including everyone in a beta test of the new version.

The version we are running now has so many "known issues" that it is essentially a beta version already.

Maybe the general reception for the Origin has been more positive, but from reading the internet forums, Arturia (and current users) fight an uphill battle convincing others that the Origin has a unique sound and interface which is more than "plug-ins in a box" and justifies the relatively high price.

Happy users are your best advertising, yet we seem to be forgotten (on this forum).

cheers
ripe

sparks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 05:17:59 pm »
^^What he said... ::)

aymericf

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Return To The Source
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 09:31:55 pm »
I agree with ripe but strongly believe in Origin because, yes, it is a fact, the sound quality is awesome and it is perhaps because we wait a lot from Arturia. (and because we paid the price too :-)  ) When I see what you did with miniMg V2...my god dev guys, you rocks ! So please Mr Arturia's president, allocate now all your talents on your physical baby and show the world what froggies can do  :P
And communicate ! I know it is sometimes boring and not very constructive to have guys claiming "where is the update? where is the update?" when you are working hard on it, but hey, we have put some money on you, we have faith in you, we wait the best of you, and we wait your kind words saying "shut up, it is coming and you will be blown away" We will be the first to claim on forums "Buy it, buy it" but for the moment I claim "wait, wait" to people asking me about Origin. In fact I don't want to have the bad experience I had with such promising products like Spectralis which are not managed in a reliable way by their creators because of lying and bad excuses on dev delay status. So, we waited two months more, what is the status now, s'il vous plait ?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 09:51:17 pm by aymericf »

cl5160316

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • CL516 BLOG
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 10:44:32 pm »
Well, it seems that "redacting" a date takes quite some time as well. 

I'm surprised that Arturia is not more proactive in keeping the few users of it's fledgling hardware synthesizer happy, either by providing information, providing the update or including everyone in a beta test of the new version.

The version we are running now has so many "known issues" that it is essentially a beta version already.

Maybe the general reception for the Origin has been more positive, but from reading the internet forums, Arturia (and current users) fight an uphill battle convincing others that the Origin has a unique sound and interface which is more than "plug-ins in a box" and justifies the relatively high price.

Happy users are your best advertising, yet we seem to be forgotten (on this forum).

cheers
ripe

I agree with this.  I was an Origin owner / user at one point, but I've since jumped ship for now.  I've decided I'll give the unit a look again after a few revisions and updates.

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2009, 06:58:19 pm »
the update status.....well.....how i would i say that.... i think everybody at Arturia is working on the contest!! They all want to win an Origin!!! An Origin guys!!! and you want them to work on the 1.1 update, are you crazy ? ? ?  ;D

Seriously (not too much), Philwick (lead developer) told on another forum that they HOPE to release it in the middle of October. If everything is going as they want, only a big month to wait. I think he's afraid of saying this here because if they have to release it later, everyone is going to complain. So i'm saying this for him!!  ;D.  Better waiting a little more than having a "buggy" update; nope ?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines