April 24, 2024, 03:17:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiniMg V2 doesn't appear as plugin in Pro Tools 8  (Read 3683 times)

Growlyman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MiniMg V2 doesn't appear as plugin in Pro Tools 8
« on: September 03, 2009, 10:30:57 pm »
Is anyone else having this problem?  More so, has anyone else had this problem and solved it?  Ever since I started the installation process of MiniMg V three weeks ago, I've had nothing but issues.  First, my serial number wasn't in the data base.  Then the upgrade to V2 wouldn't unlock.  Uninstall/reinstall meant I had to get another authorization code.  Losing days on this.

This is where I am - V2 launches as a standalone, though it doesn't initialize my 003 hardware.  I only get my internal sound card.  But launching Pro Tools 8 (cs2 or 3 I think), MiniMg V2 doesn't appear as a plug-in (MiniMg V did for the 10 minutes I had it on my computer before moving to the upgrade).

Arturia Tech Support is giving me no attention.  Antoine was helpful initially, but now is non-responsive to my emails and PMs.  So, can any of you out there help me?  What was supposed to be a fun, great and useful piece of software has turned into a waste of money and time.

Feel free to PM me directly.

Chris

soundsgoodtome

Re: MiniMg V2 doesn't appear as plugin in Pro Tools 8
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 09:10:40 am »
I'm having this problem, and it's disturbing that this post is a year-and-a-half old, yet there hasn't been even *one* reply from arturia.

I just bought The One (only wanted miniMg V). I've installed and registered. The eLicense is valid. I can open the standalone app, and the plug-ins are in their proper folders, but the plug-ins do not show up in Pro Tools.

Thread starter was running PT8. I'm in PT9.0.2 on a mac pro 8-core running snow leopard.

How do i get the plug-ins to appear? Was this issue ever resolved?!?

soundsgoodtome

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 03:40:24 am »
I just bought The One (only wanted miniMg V). I've installed and registered. The eLicense is valid. I can open the standalone app, and the plug-ins are in their proper folders, but the plug-ins do not show up in Pro Tools.

i've solved this issue.

pro tools isn't my main daw, but i'm working in PT9 at the moment. in PT, when you create a new instrument track, it creates a mono track by default. since the original miniMg was a mono instrument, i thought a mono instrument track would be fine. further confusing the issue was the fact that other virtual instruments *did* in fact appear in the mono track's list of available RTAS instruments. so it wasn't at all apparent that the problem -- for miniMg v -- was the *type* of instrument track.

when i create a stereo track (which, frankly, is counterintuitive for a historically mono instrument), the plug-in shows up.

there went 3 hours of my life, troubleshooting. i've asked tech support to consider mentioning in the installation or setup guide that a *stereo* instrument track is required for miniMg v.

Growlyman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 04:15:32 pm »
Hey there ...

Sorry for the lateness of my response, but YES, that was the solve for me as well ... which was exactly what my thoughts were too: MiniMgs are mono ... I just need a mono instrument track.

Without having PT8 open in front of me, I seem to recall that despite that particular solve, V2 simply might not have worked correctly on my system at all.  I may actually still be running V1 and just said "screw the upgrade."  I'd have to look.  Kinda at a point that I no longer seek to have the latest versions of software ... rather FUNCTIONAL versions of the software!  ;)

Chris

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines