March 29, 2024, 01:33:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't install Prophet V demo, I own a key  (Read 2167 times)

pkennethk

Can't install Prophet V demo, I own a key
« on: September 14, 2009, 11:49:50 pm »
Hi all,

I own an old Steinberg syncrosoft key that I used to successfully demo Prophet V when it first came out years ago.  I'm thinking about purchasing now (finally), but want to try it out (again, years later) to see if it sounds as good as I remember. . . I was on Win XP back when I demoed (2006 or 7 I believe), and now I'm on a mac running 10.5.8.

The things preventing me from demoing:

1. I've requested a demo key via Arturia's website several times, but no key has shown up in my inbox or spam box.  Whenever I submit my name and info on the website with the "yes I have a syncrosoft key" checked, it just takes me back to a page that says "you must have a syncrosoft key to use this demo". . with no further options offered.

2. When I try to download the demo installer via the link present in the "steps to install with syncrosoft key page", I'm taken to the same warning page mentioned above.

So I can't get a code and I can't even download the .dmg.

What should I do?

-PK

rbocquier

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Can't install Prophet V demo, I own a key
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 09:54:52 am »
Hi PK,

I've forwarded the issue you had with the website to our webmaster.
However, getting a new key won't help you : demo of a given product are allowed at most once per dongle.

You should wait for the Prophet-V2 release (scheduled next month) that should be installable in demo mode again.
Robert
Arturia team

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines