March 28, 2024, 12:38:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: wheres the UPDATE  (Read 21396 times)

BobTheDog

Re: wheres the UPDATE
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2009, 10:01:15 am »
Also I think the number of midi messages being sent to the origin seems to affect the likely hood of this problem.

I have also seen the Mg template loosing all osc audio apart from the noise oscillator, I have not worked out how to replicate this yet.

Cheers

Andy

Philippe

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2009, 10:56:59 am »
Some news about the 1.1 update.

We plan to send a pre-version to our beta-testers at the end of this week or next week.

This version contains nearly all the features that were planned for the V1.1, but with some remaining and known bugs. So this is more a pre-beta version.

Some of the readers of this forum may be interested in knowing why we are so late. Here are some of the reasons.

When we started the work on the 1.1 we decided to redesign a part of the UI software of the machine so that we could develop many templates (CS80, ARP2600, Jupiter8...) while reusing as much code as possible. We made an estimation of the time needed which was wrong. It took us nearly 3 times more than was anticipated. The work on this particular aspect is finished since about 2 months.

Then we started to work on the MIDI automation and found 2 major problems resulting in very poor real-time behavior of the machine.
1- Incoming MIDI messages were affected by an important latency and jitter, so were outcoming messages.
2- Some computation made along with the automation process on the UI processor were cpu killers.

We spent last 2 months solving these 2 kinds of problem. This is now done (well, 95% is done, remaining 5% are part of the known bugs of the pre-version that will be sent in the coming days).

Before releasing a public version we have to continue internal tests, wait for the bugs reported by external and internal testers, fix everything and run a final exhaustive test. That will likely keeps us busy for some weeks.
Origin Lead  Developer

Philippe

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2009, 11:38:15 am »
1. Editing patches. Seems to be when attaching audio ins.

Fixed in 1.1

2. Adding patches to multis.

Known bug... but not fixed yet. We know the solution but it would require about 2 more weeks to fix it so we're not sure wether this will be fixed in 1.1 or a little bit later in a 1.1.x.

3. Changing presets

Not a known bug. as I told you I'll do some more test with a sequencer running while presets are changed.

By the way if you have a test case under the form of a MIDI file I'd be glad to use it for my tests.

Thx

« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 11:44:50 am by philwick »
Origin Lead  Developer

drogoff

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2009, 06:09:04 pm »
Phil - thanks for the details on the development work. Letting your customers know this kind of info really helps lower the tension! 

BobTheDog

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2009, 06:10:30 pm »
Hi Phil,

I will try to replicate the patch change problem and send you a midi file.

Cheers

Andy

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines