April 23, 2014, 09:50:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: No textures and labels  (Read 1672 times)

OpenMind

No textures and labels
« on: November 01, 2009, 02:43:53 am »
Prophet-V2 seems to work fine in standalone mode.

However... When I load it in the VST-instruments rack in Cubase, it looks fine in "Prophet 5" mode. But when I switch to "Prophet VS" or "Hybrid" mode, the complete surface turns grey with only visible knobs, buttons, joystick, keyboard and matrix.
Wood texture, blue labels, text, envelope curves, black surface and white lines are gone... just a plain grey suface.
Switching back to "Prophet 5" will show the normal surface again.

I first thought that this only happened with "Show Animation" turned on, but it also seems to happen when it is turned off.

BTW: It already happened with Prophet V1, but I thought it would be better to wait for the coming update. I own all Arturia synths for a few years now, but Prophet V was added to my collection only a few months... That's why I couldn't report sooner.

Windows XP SP3, Cubase 4.5.2, Asus P5N32-E SLI (no SLI used), Q6600, 4GB RAM, 2x NVidia 8500 GT VGA-card, 2x 19" and 2x 24" Iiyama. All drivers updated to latest versions.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 02:57:27 am by OpenMind »
All Arturia synths , BRASS, Windows XP 32-bit & Windows 7 64-bit

OpenMind

Re: No textures and labels
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 04:07:07 am »
UPDATE: Sometimes the standalone doesn't shut down properly which may be the cause of the graphical problem when you run it again, or start the DAW and load it as a VSTi.
In that case it shuts down the user interface, but prophet-v2.exe is still running in Task Manager.
Starting Prophet-V2 again, will show graphical problems also in the standalone version.
A look at the Task Manager learns that two instances of prophet-v2.ex are running now.

I got curious because I got some messages about "Standalone.exe" not closing down when starting a reboot and when I noticed that the VSTi seemed to work fine when I fired up Cubase immediatly after rebooting. Then I closed Cubase and went to the standalone again.
I fooled around a litlle with the "Show Animation" on/off, and got the impression that this might have some link with Prophet-V2 Standalone not shutting down properly....?

All Arturia synths , BRASS, Windows XP 32-bit & Windows 7 64-bit

Dooley

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 05:45:04 am »
That happened to me a few times with version 1.21. I've only tried V2 once in my DAW and it worked fine for me. We'll see after a few more uses...

Windows XP SP3, AMD Athalon 64 X2.

Older

• Apprentice
  • I listen to music, therefore I am
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 02:26:57 pm »
In AudioUnits, (Mac), the same problem existed since the first version. Now it is corrected and the entire animation system ends well. This is a relief. I hope you correct for that labor in VST. It really is very uncomfortable to work with that mistake.

Antoine, for now, I have not drawn any errors in Snow Leopard with Logic 9!

Thank you very much!
Consider your origin; you were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge. Dante Alighieri

Dooley

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 06:36:11 am »
Well, so far so good. Haven't had any graphical (or other) issues so far.

THEHOPEDEALER

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 02:19:26 am »
ditch cubase

xriou

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 09:29:13 am »
Hi everybody,

Test done : MAC OSX 10.5 / Standalone & Logic

there are graphical problems on the Prophet-V 2.

On the top of the instrument I got the graphical part of the prophet with Unison 440... It's duplicated on the top row.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines