April 24, 2024, 10:49:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 2 and a half More Questions  (Read 2049 times)

tommym

2 and a half More Questions
« on: January 04, 2010, 04:07:10 pm »
I'm Loving the Jupiter 8v 1.1.1 software, both as a plug-in, and as standalone, but I have more questions. Thanks in advance for any help.

1. How do you assign the arpeggiator to the upper voice in a split? It seems to default to the lower voice, and I don't know whether this is changeable and if so, how.

2. Can I change the octave of a patch in a preset (other than reprogramming on a patch level?)

2 1/2. (I already sort of asked this one below, but maybe this will clarify my question. . .  Can you globally save a "Controller Map" - or do you save it with each Preset, or each Patch? Must you do it in Standalone, and then it applies to all instantiations of Jupiter 8v, in each plug-in version as well, or do you do it in each host, but just one time per host, and that stays the active Control Map for all patches in that Host? Or is a Controller map in a plug-in, only live in that host's particular document (i.e. that particular Sequence?)

I realize that Arturia's resources have been applied elsewhere, and that's the way it has to be, as they are running a business; and that if I'm patient, an upgrade may well come along that answers all these questions. But it's so much fun having a Jupiter 8 in Digital Performer, Mainstage, and pretty much anytime I'm willing to risk that Synchrosoft dongle hanging out of my Macbook Pro, that I thought it was worth asking the few wise souls here that might have an answer or two (or three!) for me, in 2010.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 12:55:49 am by tommym »

Roshi Ai

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.myspace.com/roshiai www.myspace.com/thesoulmadesystem
Re: 2 and a half More Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 11:54:19 pm »
Hi,

1) I don't know.

2) There is a master tune button on the left-hand side...maybe that does what you want.

2 1/2) Controller maps are saved with the plug-in. It depends, I think, on which format your hosts use (VST, UA) if they are saved for each host.

tommym

Re: 2 and a half More Questions
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 12:17:08 am »
I found the answer to my question #1) How do you assign the arpeggiator to the upper voice in a split? It seems to default to the lower voice, and I don't know whether this is changeable and if so, how.

The answer is NO; I don't know how I missed this in the manual .pdf, but it is right there:

In SPLIT mode, the arpeggiator only works with the lower part of the keyboard. In DUAL MODE, the arpeggiator works on both parts of the keyboard.

Thanks Roshi Ai for your good input. As far as saving controller assignments in standalone mode, it seems hit and miss, but in theory, they get saved on a by-Project basis.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines