March 28, 2024, 09:13:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BRASS 2.0 has just been released!  (Read 20186 times)

Antoine

BRASS 2.0 has just been released!
« on: January 14, 2010, 03:34:23 pm »
Yo dear folks!

The longly awaited BRASS v2.0 has just been released and is freely downloadable and installable from the Updates page, or even from the Resources page where you will also find the PDF user's manual.

Note that the switch to Soft-eLicenser only concerns newcomers, as version 1.x owners already have their license stored on their USB-eLicenser.

Have fruitful audio works with this new version!
ex-Arturian

Antoine

Re: BRASS 2.0 has just been released!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 03:39:58 pm »
Just to keep you posted... Did any one heard about the Murphy's Law?

An issue has just been found: when loading several BRASS v2.0 instances in the Ableton Live sequencer, and deleting one instance, the instrument may stop running.

Of course, we are currently correcting this filthy bug and will post a fixed version pretty soon (in a couple of days at worst).

May this little inconvenience not alter your pleasure!  :)
ex-Arturian

paulsteinway@paulsteinway

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 10:03:02 pm »
The manual on the Resources page is for the old version. Do you know when the new manual will be available?

olestar

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 03:29:31 am »
HI. I HAVE MY BRASS 2.O AND I AM SO HAPPY. SAX SOUNDS AMAZING, (very realistic sound), AND THE HARMONIZATION MODULE IS GREAT¡  TROMPETS SOUND BETTER THAN PREVIUS VERSION. BRASS 2.O IS A REALLY ENJOYABLE VIRTUAL INSTRUMENT. 

http://www.myspace.com/marco.ruiz.rofogo (5th price at arturia 10 years contest)

Trevor

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 08:29:08 am »
Well, well... I had given up hope on BRASS 2, and here it is.
I opened it on my laptop last night and had a little look round. It does seem that some/all of the issues and request features have been addressed. I look forward to a more thorough exploration in the next couple of days.
I used the old version extensively on a big theatre show I just finished and had good feedback about heavily featured and quite exposed BRASS sounds (in both modern pop and trad jazz-ish arrangements). If the sounds on v2 are an improvement I'll be very pleased.
When can we expect an updated manual I wonder? I assume there must be one if they're actually selling the new version? The downloadable pdf is for v1, and would be very confusing to new v2 users.
Thanks for the new version Arturia.

Antoine

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 08:46:13 am »
The manual is well present in both the Manuals and the BRASS Resources pages, at the bottom of their respective sections. Anyway here is the direct link.
ex-Arturian

Trevor

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 11:25:29 am »
Apologies,
Antoine,
I didn't notice the '2' after the BRASS 2 manual listing at the bottom of the box. So I now have the manual. The direct link still doesn't work on my browsers.
Please see my separate thread regarding first experiences with BRASS 2 and DP 7.0.2.

Regards
Trevor
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 11:28:27 am by Trevor »

outland

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 05:53:48 am »
Thanks for this release (and free upgrade). Nice job!

I have a couple of issues:

1) Brass 2 causes Sonar to crash (when one tries to load Brass 2 into Sonar) Any ideas?

2) I don't remember getting a serial number with Brass 1. Is this possible? It is set up on my computer and running fine and Brass 2 had no problem, finding the Synchrosoft license just fine. Is this an issue? Should I be concerned?  ???

Thanks in advance,

Dan

outland

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 10:39:42 pm »
Hi,

Here I am responding to myself. Feels odd, but I realize that a bit more info may be necessary for adequate help to be available:

I am running Sonar 8.5 (but Brass 2 causes crashes upon insertion into Sonar 8.0 as well. Brass 1 does not have the same issue). Sonar is running in 64 bit processing mode under XP pro 32 bit in an Intel Quad-based (pre-i7) machine w/ 4 GB of RAM. Brass 2 appears to run as a stand-alone well and in Live mode in Live 8.11 (I've not really tried out Riff mode yet; it's of limited use to my way of approaching the application and composition).

Hope this helps,

Dan

musicman100

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 12:25:46 am »
yes there appears to be an issue with brass 2 and Sonar it crashes Sonar Producer 8.5 for me every time i load it as a vsti

outland

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 05:04:56 pm »
Thanks for the comment. While I'm not sure that "misery loves company", per se, it is good to know that at least I probably did not install Brass 2 wrong. Did Brass 1 give you any hassle? It works fine for me in Sonar 8.5.

outland

jgnunez

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 05:16:48 am »
At least the BETA version did crash my Sonar 8.5 Producer every time that I tried to use it. I have reported that to Arturia but (guess what?) NO RESPONCE have been issued about my report. So, right now I am going to try the released version to see what happen.

Keep us posted please (fellow USERS) if you come up with a solution to this problem.

Thank you

musicman100

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 03:20:45 pm »
Thanks for the comment. While I'm not sure that "misery loves company", per se, it is good to know that at least I probably did not install Brass 2 wrong. Did Brass 1 give you any hassle? It works fine for me in Sonar 8.5.

outland

NO , Brass 1 works fine in Sonar.
Im sure Arturia does not own a copy of Sonar to test it out

albertcoppo

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 08:27:23 am »
 :( It doesnt work with Sonar 8.5 - I removed and reinstalled with no success.  Brass 1 works fine as well as Brass 2 standalone.  As soon as it is initiated in Sonar 8.5 (32bit version) it crashes Sonar.  Hope a solution is found fast....
Rain Nimbus  - Intel Quad

Antoine

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 02:04:01 pm »
Yep, the AU plug-in is perverse... :(
The Team currently works on fixing this.
ex-Arturian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines