April 19, 2024, 02:30:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Convert JP-08 to VST  (Read 5044 times)

DEVO

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Convert JP-08 to VST
« on: October 16, 2017, 11:49:44 am »
Hi

I'm looking to convert custom patches from the Boutique JP-08 to vst patches, as I don't want to take that little plastic thing out on the road gigging.Does anyone know if there is a way to convert JP-08 patches to vst. The patches were custom made, so I do not have the parameters/settings. I also don't want to sit, listen and recreate. I need a technical solution please.

LBH

Re: Convert JP-08 to VST
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 06:05:04 pm »
Hi

I'm looking to convert custom patches from the Boutique JP-08 to vst patches, as I don't want to take that little plastic thing out on the road gigging.Does anyone know if there is a way to convert JP-08 patches to vst. The patches were custom made, so I do not have the parameters/settings. I also don't want to sit, listen and recreate. I need a technical solution please.
Hi,

Unless someone - i doubt it - have created a program that make a conversion from the one file format to the other, then it's not possible.

Also Arturias emulations parameters unfortunately is'nt accurate enough to exspect the same sound using the same settings. So some editing is needed anyway. So i doubt you can do this as easy as you wan't to.

Perhaps you can find a toll like this editor that can help read the settings for a patch: http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/01/07/free-online-roland-boutique-jp-08-editor-patch-librarian/
I don't know anything about this editor, so please examine if it is useful and trustworthy.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines