March 29, 2024, 01:45:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Registration + Volume  (Read 3955 times)

Superwaldi

Registration + Volume
« on: January 17, 2010, 07:50:14 am »
Ok guys, here we go. My Origin arrived yesterday and I had a long night with this machine.

However, I have the impression the unit offers a kind of low volume. I connected Origin through the main outputs via 6,5 mm jacks to my Audio-Interface (TC Konnekt 24D, Rearconnection without preamps). I set main output volume of the Origin to maximum and even I adjusted the program levels to maximum. Comparing to other synthesizers I have to increase the monitor volume about 25% to get my normal levels. (And remember: The origin is fully turned to maximum.)

I using newest firmware 1.1.xxx

The connections are the same as I am using for other synthesizers and outboard equipment, which offer higher levels.

The Origin volumen doesn't reach the 0 dB peak at all. With other gear I can reach it easily.

For example: I set the Main Volumen to max 1.000 on Origin and increase the input level in Cubase about 7 dB, then still the signal of Origin is around - 6.6 dB.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 12:11:15 pm by Superwaldi »

Superwaldi

Re: Registration + Volume
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 12:18:51 pm »
I send an official request to the support.

Seems that nobody else can confirm my problem..

pjskyman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • PJ Skyman Website
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 01:32:43 am »
Ok, Origin doesn't output to a very high level, even at maximum master level, but among all my synthesizers, it is not the poor, far away.
Maybe with balanced connections you will have better results ?

Superwaldi

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 01:52:30 pm »
I used balanced connections and I connected my active monitors directly. Also headphone levels aren't the highest.

Another thing: Comparing to the Sowftware Analog Factory the sound isn't that what I expected. I found out that tweaking helps a lot, because of poor factory presets.

Philippe

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 05:10:13 pm »
The low output level is a known "feature" ( ;)) of Origin. There's not much we can do on this because it's due to the hardware itself (the output amplifier stage to be accurate located at the very end after the DACs). We'll try to get a higher volume later in a next release, but don't expect more than a 2x factor.
Origin Lead  Developer

Superwaldi

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 07:01:28 pm »
+ 10 / 14 db would be enough for me...

Philippe

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 10:20:47 pm »
The 2x factor would represent 6 dB.
Origin Lead  Developer

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines