August 28, 2014, 05:10:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: jupiter 8v2 beta....  (Read 9077 times)

rlm00

• Apprentice
jupiter 8v2 beta....
« on: January 19, 2010, 12:08:03 am »
so far I've encountered no bugs and it sounds enormous with the new volume increase, love the sound map feature as well, I've already come with a number of awesome sounds by accident haha as Im not 100% familiar with it yet. 
the only thing is that this thing is still the biggest cpu hog I've ever encountered, some patches I can only play a few notes at time till its pushed to the limit.  wish you guys would find some way to bring this down a bit.  granted my machine is a few years old. 
intel core2 duo 1.66Ghz with 2G ram. 
Im curious to find out if other users with much more powerful systems are running into the same problems ?? any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

simon194

• Apprentice
Re: jupiter 8v2 beta....
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 01:21:16 am »
I don't find it too bad on my setup and haven't seen the CPU usage go above about the 25% mark.

Mine's a Core2Duo 2.80GHz with 2 gig RAM.

tommym

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 08:32:40 am »
The beta v2 is a little more cpu intensive than v1.1.1 on my MacBookPro, but I'm still below 20% most of the time.
 I think I have found a few things that are not quite 'finished' yet in the beta version, but hey! that's what beta testers are for!
  I'm really enjoying this too.

onewave

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 05:35:39 pm »
The Jupiter 8 V2 Plugin will not validate on my macbook core 2 duo, 2Ghz, 2G ram with Logic 9.1, OSX 10.5.8 , the AU Manager also says it is Arturia Analog Factory ver2.2.1: http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff263/bretnorman/Logic%20Pro%209%201/Picture1.png

Good news about standalone however, its running and it sounds much better than the previous version. I find that it sounds even better at 88.2k as opposed to the lower rates due to a smoother tone. I have read that some VI's and Plugins run at a higher rate even when in lower sample rates and thereby have an advantage in their sound, the issue then is the increased CPU load. As we know the Jupiter 8 V2 runs quite hot, especially when running at these higher rates.

As we are seeing the trend continue, the more improvements there are with quality the more CPU top heavy the applications will be. As frustrating as it is, take this as a sign of things to come. When considering a new machine, take into account you will want something that will handle a load much higher than even what is standard today, thereby, hopefully, making your investment last longer.

Suntower

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 05:55:26 pm »
QUESTION: Is there any new documentation? Any new feature list? Kinda hard to test without knowing what any new behaviours/features are about.

TIA,

---JC

jauqq

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 05:56:53 pm »
The Jupiter 8 V2 Plugin will not validate on my macbook core 2 duo, 2Ghz, 2G ram with Logic 9.1, OSX 10.5.8 , the AU Manager also says it is Arturia Analog Factory ver2.2.1:

Same over here. AU manager fails, and says its analog factory plug-in. I ignore the validation, and it fails to open in Logic 9.1 with the JP8V gui, only the list of controls.
Using Mac OSX 10.6.2

onewave

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 06:43:19 pm »
QUESTION: Is there any new documentation?

I would imagine the deadline for documentation would be at the release date since it has not yet posted here:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/downloads/manuals.html

From what I recall the new features are listed on the download page.

TheJustAbout

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 10:14:34 pm »
Oki, so the AU in Logic 9 does not load (as a few others have said).  In stand alone mode it appears to work ok.  As someone said, it's much LOUDER which is nice.  One thing I have noticed is that the fonts change depending on what you select.  Unless there is some significance in this which I'm unaware of?  Also, one thing that would be nice.  Say you have a patch selected, and then click All - Type - EFx for example.  And choose an Efx.  It never updates the patch.  You always have to go and manually select one. It would be nice if each group had a default patch instead of having to select one.  Anyway, that's only me being lazy :)

jauqq

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 12:19:41 am »
What's happened the GUI resize feature mentioned here?
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=3028.msg10697#msg10697
"Rumors from the Developers Dungeon
Yesterday evening I saw (yep, with my own two eyes) a resizable Jupiter-8V on a developer computer; still unpolished, but serviceable.
Things move forward..."

As im getting older my eyes are going and im having to squint more... im sure im not the only one  ;)

Can we have resizeable GUI's please?.... please?  :)

jp8000

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 07:07:59 am »
Is it really so, that other than brass-vst owners can't upgrade to v2 for free?

Antoine

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 09:55:10 am »
What's happened the GUI resize feature mentioned here?
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=3028.msg10697#msg10697
This feature has not been implemented in this 2.0 version, especially for time reasons. Functional but quite unpolished, it would have taken too much days in development (you know the last 10% details that take 90% of the time...) and would have seriously delayed the release.
So for the time being we keep it up our sleeve for future versions.
ex-Arturian

Fredarik

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 04:16:51 pm »
I was really looking forward to the J8V2...but I was disappointed. Since Version 1.1.1. many Presets sound different, especially when using cross-mod. Compare the preset "jmbCrossBass" and you hear a big differnce. The effects are also different now (distortion sounds dull)....How could that be? Or am I hallucinating????

DBS

• Apprentice
    • Electro Funk Band - Dynamik Bass System
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 07:44:41 am »
I was really looking forward to the J8V2...but I was disappointed. Since Version 1.1.1. many Presets sound different, especially when using cross-mod. Compare the preset "jmbCrossBass" and you hear a big differnce. The effects are also different now (distortion sounds dull)....How could that be? Or am I hallucinating????

I't still a BETA (you know what BETA means?). Report all your bugs to the link in the Beta-Test-Area. It should help to get a better release version.

BTW. I have the same problems with my self-made sounds.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 08:01:25 am by DBS »
Mac Pro 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, OS 10.7.x, Logic Pro 9.x, Studio One 2.x, MOTU 828 Mk3, MOTU 828 Mk2

Electro Music Dynamik Bass System
DBS@MySpace

rlm00

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 08:21:10 am »

what?!  where did you get this info??  I hope this isn't true....I just bought jupiter 8v a few months ago, the fact it is a free upgrade was major factor in my purchase...otherwise I would've waited for the upgrade.  can somebody confirm if this is true?

jp8000

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 08:45:53 am »

what?!  where did you get this info??  I hope this isn't true....I just bought jupiter 8v a few months ago, the fact it is a free upgrade was major factor in my purchase...otherwise I would've waited for the upgrade.  can somebody confirm if this is true?

That info was on the beta test area, but now it has been changed, that everyone who have registered, can get it, when released.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines