August 01, 2014, 05:47:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: jupiter 8v2 beta....  (Read 8896 times)

Fredarik

• Apprentice
Re: jupiter 8v2 beta....
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 09:36:50 am »
I was really looking forward to the J8V2...but I was disappointed. Since Version 1.1.1. many Presets sound different, especially when using cross-mod. Compare the preset "jmbCrossBass" and you hear a big differnce. The effects are also different now (distortion sounds dull)....How could that be? Or am I hallucinating????

I't still a BETA (you know what BETA means?). Report all your bugs to the link in the Beta-Test-Area. It should help to get a better release version.

BTW. I have the same problems with my self-made sounds.

I know what beta means (aktually sometimes there is no obvious difference between the beta versions and the full versions from Arturia concerning the number of bugs). I reported the same  bugs already to the 1.1.1. Beta Version and nothings happened: The distortion-effect is a joke, the mod-cross is different now, filters and presets sound different. So you have the same experience with your presets.. I just was interested if other users have same problems...

Thomas@Arturia

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 12:01:55 pm »
Hi All !

Some news related to the update beta ...
* Audio Unit issue has been adressed, new beta to be delivered in the coming days
* Documentation is being udpated as well, will be delivered with the release

Thomas

jfisher

• Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 08:18:17 am »

I must confess I'm limited to the stand-alone synth- DP 7 will not validate (for me) the AU plug-in of this new version
I am sure Arturia will fix it. The new version looks amazing.

onewave

• Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 07:10:44 pm »
The new version looks amazing.

And, sounds amazing too  ;D

Curious as to what a well seasoned Roland Jupiter 8 owner would have to say about the improvements. Any of you out there?

PIGI

• Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 12:00:28 am »
not particullary trouble for me, and also me have notice a really better sound then the 1.1 version.
i have find only this bug:
when i select some parameters in browser (ex. type > bass) or (ex. characters > funk) if i close the gui and then i reopen it, i loss all i have selected.. really waste of time if i'm searching for a specific sound.
i use ableton live 7.

anyone have the same?

tremolounge

• Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2010, 01:03:56 am »
Glad to hear the AU fix is coming (I get the "Analog Factory" problem in Logic 9.1). Otherwise, no problems in standalone (OSX 10.6.2), but I'll wait until I can run it in Logic to do more testing.

jauqq

• Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2010, 02:39:45 am »
Running stand alone until the AU fix, but i've noticed when trying to fine tune sliders on the GUI, the old way of using the shift key for fine increments has now changed to the alt key. Using OSX 10.6.2. Is this an intended change?
Also i have to move the mouse for ages to even get a fine change now.

Just to add the resolution of the fine tune on V1 is preferable to the new V2 resolution.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 02:39:51 pm by jauqq »

JMBQ

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2010, 02:55:57 pm »
Haven't grabbed the AU fix yet, but the labels for Poly and Play mode are reversed - Poly is labeled for the Play Mode dropdown and vice versa.

akiz

• Beta-testers
    • Akis Ziak
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 12:42:44 pm »
Just installed the JupiterV2 beta2. Everything works great, in standalone and AU into Logic Pro 9.1 (32bit) & 10.5.8. The sound is amazing, the graphical retouches (especially the expanded panel) are eye candy and fit more with the whole instrument IMHO. This version is CPU friendly with no spikes etc. Well done Arturia, worth the wait for sure! Thanx!  ;D
"If a piece of the sun the size of a pinhead were to be placed on Earth, you couldn't safely stand within 90 miles of it!"

TheJustAbout

• Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 02:07:02 pm »
Just installed the JupiterV2 beta2. Everything works great, in standalone and AU into Logic Pro 9.1 (32bit) & 10.5.8. The sound is amazing, the graphical retouches (especially the expanded panel) are eye candy and fit more with the whole instrument IMHO. This version is CPU friendly with no spikes etc. Well done Arturia, worth the wait for sure! Thanx!

Just tried it here and it does not work so well for me. The AU loads.  You can play notes fine.  However, if you try and change any of the presets or even touch the plugin whilst you are playing back the MIDI region the plugin behaves just as before.  Very slow and sluggish.  I'm guessing it's not quite there yet (but hey this is what BETA testing is for  ;D)

I'n using Logic Pro 9 (32bit), 10.5.8, Mac Pro.

akiz

• Beta-testers
    • Akis Ziak
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 03:52:42 pm »
However, if you try and change any of the presets or even touch the plugin whilst you are playing back the MIDI region the plugin behaves just as before.  Very slow and sluggish.

I have to confirm this specific behavior, on my system is not such slow but it slows down for sure. I use to program the synth from scratch to get the sound i have in mind, i don't scroll thru presets to match the desired patch, i think it's faster that way or at least it works for me! That's why i didn't find this issue, anyway, until the final release hope this will be fixed.

Cheers!
"If a piece of the sun the size of a pinhead were to be placed on Earth, you couldn't safely stand within 90 miles of it!"

jauqq

• Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 04:56:38 pm »
However, if you try and change any of the presets or even touch the plugin whilst you are playing back the MIDI region the plugin behaves just as before.  Very slow and sluggish. 

Confirmed. Logic 9, 10.6.2, MBP 2.33 C2D.

Very slow when scrolling through presets, whilst a track plays. Had this same problem before with V1.

dfiorucci

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 05:08:24 pm »
I'm noticing differences on some of my patches in the LFO rate from version 1.1 to beta 2.

I'm noticing a dramatic decrease in processor use from 76% to 40% on patch #8 between versions.

As far as the sound I've owned a real Jupiter 8 for over 26 years now and while the sound is not exact it is very close.
I can match slider settings on both and come up with close to the same sound.

Having a problem selecting the main outs on my Motu 828 mk3.
It crashes as soon as I try to select them so I'm having to run this through the 828 mk2 since the main outs are default on it.

jason

• Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 07:58:52 pm »
I am noticing a technical difficulty. I have a low tech dongle that I still have to use to use a small soft synth from a large collection of Arturia synths that I paid hundreds of dollars for. I further experience technical difficulty when I read that 2.x customers will be able to use the soft e-licenser

Is this how appreciative Arturia is of its native 1.x customer base? PLEASE fix this bug.

jauqq

• Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 11:51:57 pm »
Strange behaviour with the LFO. On a pad sound i created in V1 the LFO slider should have a value of 3.49Hz. When i select the patch in Logic with the new beta, the LFO slider jumps to a value of 4.49Hz. So i reset the slider back to 3.49hz, re-save the patch, and the Logic song.
When i re-open the song, the LFO slider has jumped back to 4.49 Hz !!!!
I close Logic, and open the stand-alone. Select the same patch, and yet again the LFO is at 4.49Hz. So i reset it back to 3.49Hz, re-save the patch yet again. Close the stand-alone and re-open, and select the patch...
Guess what??   Thats right the LFO has jumped back up again. It has a mind of it's own.

Many of my patches don't "sound right"..... the LFO seems to be, and probably is for some reason at a higher Hz range, than for patches created in V1.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 11:54:11 pm by jauqq »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines