Oberheim OB-XA
16 (21.1%)
Rhodes Chroma
5 (6.6%)
MemoryMoog
2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Voting closed: February 26, 2004, 09:33:59 am

Author Topic: The Next One ?  (Read 176201 times)

Anonymous

The Next One ?
« on: February 26, 2004, 09:33:59 am »
OK guys,

Everybody seems to be willing to give his opinion about the next Arturia synthesizer.
So take this little survey. And don't forget to answer the "essential" question: should Arturia continue to release virtual synths?

;-)

Banks Fan

The Next One ?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 08:06:14 pm »
Hands up who'd like to see the ARP Pro Soloist added to this list...

Another Guest

The Next One ?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 08:27:36 pm »
And what about an Elka Synthex? :D

sam

itr is great!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 12:16:20 am »
keep on bringing them synths back arturia, the best idea ever, i had this idea in the early 90', all synths should be re-created with VSTi's.

Anonymous

Re: The Next One ?
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2004, 12:45:00 pm »
Quote from: "Administrator"
OK guys,

Everybody seems to be willing to give his opinion about the next Arturia synthesizer.
So take this little survey. And don't forget to answer the "essential" question: should Arturia continue to release virtual synths?

;-)

Korg PS-3300, obviously missing from this list!

G Rudolph

• http://www.reindeermusic.com
The Next One ?
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2004, 01:40:23 pm »
What a nice companion to the Mg Modular V the ARP 2600 would be.

thracks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
The essential question?
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2004, 02:12:27 am »
If Arturia were to not continue releasing virtual synths, what would they release? I remember the question of a dedicated hardware box to host the MMV, but the synth would still essentially software. That's a strange question. Are you guys thinking of switching from virtual synths to hair products? I love a quality hair product, but I love the soft-synths more. Maybe something was Lost in Translation.

I've got a really bad Reaktor ensemble of an Arp 2600. The thought of you guys doing it excites me.
G5 Dual 2.3
OS 10.4.8
Digital Performer 5.11
Live 6.05
MMV 2.0
ARP 2600V
2408 MK3/MK1 PCI 424

nuada

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Format of design
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2004, 07:01:10 pm »
It would be wonderful if you would create a specified "format" of design.
As to this I would like to bring your arpegs. to your attention. Your Mini Mg seems to have the best for my purposes. But what would be ideal is an arpeg with hold, build (as the Mini), traspose in either 1/2 or whole steps in inclusion of octive but also the multi strike of a key - which I have yet to see in any softsynth.
Multi-strike would allow you, for example, to press : c, d, g, d, c, c, g in a build mode.

Then to implement this on all of your machines. The arpeg is what is holding me up from purchase of the CS. I wouldn' even bother with the Mini because I own the Mod V if it weren't for the arpeg.

All and all your Softsynths sound great but I find them undependable to use in live situations because the are so incredibly taxing on the CPU. So working to lower the CPU usage would be the best gift you could give users.
Sincerely,
Nuada
www.nuada-music.com

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2004, 12:15:14 am »
Quote from: "Administrator"
OK guys,

;-)
It is a real tossup between the ARP 2600 and the OB-X, but I would like to add another vote for the ARP 2600.

dr.wackler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2004, 05:48:43 pm »
I voted for the Matrix/Xpander, having in mind an emulation that should be able to reproduce and import via SysEx the sounds of both the Matrix12/Xpander and the Matrix6/1000.
I still have one Matrix-1000, but would be glad to replace it by software and still use the tons of sounds I've programmed for it.

Second on my list would be the EMS Synthi A(KS), but I'd say leave that one to Gmedia/OhmForce (this time really!).

And MemoryMg was on my dream list back then also, so I wouldn't contemn it...

I don't quite understand the votes for the OB-XA - was there something else than the Van Halen "Jump" brass type sounds that it was capable of?

daniel.b

The Next One ?
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2004, 10:08:52 pm »
I vote for the OB-XA, but! I think a emulation of the OB-8 would be nicer... :wink:

Daniel

kidgloves2

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
The Next One ?
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2004, 10:18:09 am »
I was thinking OB-8 as well.  8)

Make them all!!!!

The Next One ?
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2004, 02:14:16 pm »
Definately an Oberheim OBXa or OB8

Especially if you can nail THAT warmth !

Mr. Minimoog

The Next One ?
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2004, 03:47:52 am »
Of course it should be the ARP 2600.  Alot of people have used it.  Stevie Wonder, Jean Michael Jarre, lots more.  I even heard it was used to make the sounds for R2D2 in the first Star Wars movie! :D
"i like the way you moog..." :)

teoman

The Next One ?
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2004, 12:49:50 pm »
I would like to see an Oberheim product from Arturia, either an OB-Xa/8 or a Matrix 12. Another suggestion is Jupiter 8. I will be your first customer if you release these emulations :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines