Oberheim OB-XA
16 (21.1%)
Rhodes Chroma
5 (6.6%)
MemoryMoog
2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Voting closed: February 26, 2004, 09:33:59 am

Author Topic: The Next One ?  (Read 176191 times)

drbach

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: The Next One ?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2004, 04:27:41 pm »
Quote from: "Administrator"
OK guys,

Everybody seems to be willing to give his opinion about the next Arturia synthesizer.
So take this little survey. And don't forget to answer the "essential" question: should Arturia continue to release virtual synths?

;-)

Surely Arturia should do that. They make the best work, which I know.

There are a few Synths, I have on my wish-list, in this order:

1) ARP 2600
2) Oberheim (Sound=>OBXA, Versatility=>OB8 or Matrix12)
3) Rhodes Chroma - ELKA Synthex
4) EMS VCS3 (Synthi A)

I hope that Arturia can realize this Synths gradually (and few more).

Daniel

my vote
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2004, 09:36:53 pm »
1.  ARP
2.  EMS (why not the big one???)
3.  Korg (What about Korg here????, PS3200/3300 are amazing synths!)
4.  Oberheim OB8

Hope to see the new MMV version soon.

ciao, Daniel

dr.wackler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: my vote
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2004, 10:05:33 pm »
Quote from: "guest"

Korg and Roland synths are out of discussion because of the restrictive policy that those companies have about emulations of their synths.

poropat

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2004, 06:09:03 am »
Quote from: "dr.wackler"

Korg and Roland synths are out of discussion because of the restrictive policy that those companies have about emulations of their synths.

does it mean we never could hope to see a jupiter 8v
from arturia?
VCollection 8

dr.wackler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2004, 04:07:40 pm »
Quote from: "poropat"
does it mean we never could hope to see a jupiter 8v
from arturia?

I guess so, unless they are clever enough to avoid to copy the name and the UI design but still market it as a Jupiter-8 emulation.

good reasons
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2004, 08:09:27 pm »
Hi Dr. wacklerŽn folks,

no problem! These stupid policy should be a good reason to make a much better EMS or ARP emulation :D

...and dont forget the mmv, best one ever, we are waiting for the enhancements (Ringmodulator is my first, I just saw a "glockenspiel" question here, S&H and so on). Keep hurry!......

Ciao, Daniel

dr.wackler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: good reasons
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2004, 08:49:07 pm »
Hi Dr. wacklerŽn folks,

no problem! These stupid policy should be a good reason to make a much better EMS or ARP emulation :Dl

Hehe, good one! I'm in for the EMS! 8)

A1ex

The Next One ?
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2004, 04:58:25 pm »
I hope Arturia keeps on making many more TAE VSTi's - I would buy them all!!

I'd hope for a Roland MKS-80 emulation (but give us warning so I can ebay my hardware box without losing too much money first!).  :wink:  

IMO the MKS would be better than a super JX - it's more advanced.  I do have a hardware JX also..  

Out of the list, I voted for the Matrix 12.  Definitely another monster synth.  Rhodes Chroma would be nice also.

Most imporant thing: just keep making them!!!

drl

The Next One ?
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2004, 06:35:29 pm »
Jupiter 8

Mackid

Next Emulation
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2004, 03:09:37 am »
I would rather see an ARP 2500 emulator than a 2600, alot more sound palette. Also would purchace a Matrix 12/Expander emulator. How about a Buchla or EMU? Too many synths, so little time.
mackid

ralf_c

The Next One ?
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2004, 09:43:44 pm »
i vote for the arp 2600, if i see it in a store you bet your life i'll claw off the shelf, i would also buy an xpander/matrix emulator for sure.

Spectrum

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
The Next One ?
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2004, 04:32:59 am »
My vote goes to the very popular classic the Jupiter 8.  I'd also like to see something from Sequential Circuits.  But I suppose it'll be the ARP2600 judging by the vote. :sigh:

Anonymous

The Next One ?
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2004, 11:21:02 am »
>>>Korg and Roland synths are out of discussion because of the restrictive policy that those companies have about emulations of their synths.

Oh come on, man, if Mg is just plain dazzled by the recreation of the MiniMg, I think Roland would be too if their name is linked with the product. Mg even supports the Arturia version!
With the quality of sound Arturia makes its SW-synths, the Jupiter 8 just HAS to recreated in software cos its getting so rare.

Anonymous

The Next One ?
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2004, 11:36:29 am »
JUPITER 8 !!!!

dr.wackler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
The Next One ?
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2004, 12:06:30 pm »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
Quote from: "dr.wackler"

Oh come on, man, if Mg is just plain dazzled by the recreation of the MiniMg, I think Roland would be too if their name is linked with the product. Mg even supports the Arturia version!
With the quality of sound Arturia makes its SW-synths, the Jupiter 8 just HAS to recreated in software cos its getting so rare.

Mg do not do software themselves and seem not to be interested in doing software, while Roland want to establish their own software platform with VariOS, for which they have done two very bad and un-accurate 'emulations' so far, namely the VariOS-303 and the VariOS-8.
They have already told quite a few small companies who did Roland emulations to dicontinue their products (e.g. reFX for the JunoX2); the same for Korg (e.g. the reFX Nexus, which was supposed to be a Wavestation emulation, then turned into Xphrase).
With all that in mind, I guess yours is just wishfull thinking! Like I said before: Arturia would have to be quite clever to on the one hand market e.g. a Jupiter-8 emulation as such, but at the same time not name it similarily and not make it look like a Jupiter. OTOH, since they included it in the poll, what do I know? However, the poll was set up before Roland started searching around the net for companies they could tell off...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines