April 18, 2024, 03:42:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Do I uninstall previous versions of Brass before installing brass2 ?  (Read 2445 times)

brigio

Xp installation of brass 2.0.
I saw no mention of uninstalling Brass 1 or not. I did that and fresh installed 2.0 and it didn't work at all, so I reinstalled 1.0 , the update then brass 2.0.
It using all my resources. The menus such as where I change audio card don't work right. I can't change from primary driver to my asio firewire but if I change settings of samples used it changes the sound card menu.
 I could go into details of what my machine has in for hardwaret but I have Sonar and every sampler there is installed and don't have any problems. I think my registry probably is a mess with parts of brass 1.0 and 2 in there. I would've though upon installation a screen would come up telling me it was uninstalling previous versions but it didn't. So I need to know if I do a fresh install or if it uses earlier versions resources for some reason and what registry keys to delete if any before reinstalling. I did get it installed on windows 7 ok just to see and it's fine but this is the os all my music software is on. There is an option in Brass 1.0 where you tell the software whether to install for specific processor which seems to be gone in brass 2.0 I have a quad core phenom.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines