April 20, 2024, 03:03:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Delete or No Delete this forum? Thats the question.  (Read 2671 times)

Twoninereight

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Delete or No Delete this forum? Thats the question.
« on: February 04, 2010, 02:18:45 pm »
Why is this forum still exist?

Hard nobody is visiting it, is on it or give answers or opinion about topics.

I visit a lot forums but never seen one like this.

Not even Arturia self is visiting this forum alot, let along write comment on questions or help people.

So back to the question.

Delete or No Delete this forum? My answer is YES and as soon as possible.

This forum helps nobody. To bad.

Hope this starts a discussion.

Superwaldi

Re: Delete or No Delete this forum? Thats the question.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 03:21:50 pm »
I didn't know this forum exists for a long time - altough I am using the Analog Factory 2. But never had problems with the softsynth and therefore I never checked Arturias webpage.

Then I was attracted by the origin and I ate every little information about it. And suddenly I studied this forum. I was more interested in the problems the users have with this machine and how Arturia reacts. I really wanted to read about the problems. There were a lot of individual issues and some known general bugs about Origin. But however finally I decided to buy the Origin, because of all the info I've got here.

You are right, there should be more dynamic around here and people should get in touch with the official support, because this forum doesn't speak well about Arturia products.

DBS

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Dynamik Bass System
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 05:25:38 pm »
Why is this forum still exist?

Hard nobody is visiting it, is on it or give answers or opinion about topics.

I visit a lot forums but never seen one like this.

Not even Arturia self is visiting this forum alot, let along write comment on questions or help people.

So back to the question.

Delete or No Delete this forum? My answer is YES and as soon as possible.

This forum helps nobody. To bad.

Hope this starts a discussion.

::)
iMac (Late 2013) 3,5 GHz Intel Core i7
OS X 10.11.x
NI Maschine 2.4.x
Logic Pro X 10.2.0
UA Apollo Twin
MOTU 828 Mk3 Hybrid
MOTU 828 Mk2

Antoine

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 07:07:49 pm »
@Twoninereight
I don't know since how many time you have been wandering around this forum, but if I could judge on the number of contributions you posted I would conclude you are a fresh member.
I am pretty sure the provocative title of this thread is more to raise some discussion than to cause injury, so I won't get the machine gun out of my virtual pockets for the moment.   :)

I have been monitoring this forum since about 2 years and a half, and I do not have the exact same feeling as you. You can check the number of my posts if any doubt; I cannot say they all were useful or pertinent, but they still exist. My venerable colleague Philippe (philwick) and Sean are quite active on the Origin threads, Thomas (tdiligent) takes care of the Jupiter-8V Beta Test for the very moment, Niccolo posted his first contribution today, and even Robert and Kappa times to times intervene on the V-Classics synths.
So it is not really like if users were totally abandoned.

Also, as posted in numerous places, these forums are NOT intended to offer any kind of Technical Support from Arturia.
Why?
Simply because it is not a safe place to communicate serial numbers, activation codes, and other private or sensible data. For this purpose, the user shall reach the Technical Support through his/her private account, after registration, it will lead to direct email correspondence with full traceability.
Critical situations, such as registration issues during the MiniMg-V 2.0 releases last year, however can be handled through private messages to me.
There is also a Knowledge Base a few clicks away, with articles that could help solving most frequent issues. We try to keep it up-to-date and pertinent.

This forum is intended for users experience, sound patches sharing, tips n'tricks, even self-assistance when a common problem that can be easily solved with a simple update or so.

Affirming that this forum helps nobody is somewhat peremptory, and strongly inexact.
Never forget that unsatisfied users always claim, satisfied ones merely never.

Superwaldi raises an highly pertinent point: the forum should be seriously cleaned from outdated, closed or irrelevant threads. They do not honor Arturia at all, nor the company nor its products, giving a darkly biased vision of the reality. That is a fact.
And they are ugly, by the way. (oops, did I write this?)

I have a lot of things to add, but it's "Free Speech" for you, dear folks, not for me. ;D
If some other users feel any interest to comment or add anything, just have fun!
ex-Arturian

onewave

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 10:36:46 pm »
This forum helps nobody.

I disagree with this statement, this forum helps those whom are patient and can ask intelligent questions that benefit others.

Arturia: Don't you dare delete this forum. There really is not many companies like Arturia, and this forum is very valuable.

Its a great place for people who use Arturia products to visit and get some answers to questions.

Antoine, I do agree there may be some rude, mean, self centered and messy posts, but alas, there are users out there who are happy to help support the truth. And I think the truth reflects their are an overwhelming majority of users who view Arturia products enthusiastically, professionally and critically, I am one for sure.

When your in doubt, speak it out.

Perhaps someone has had the same experience with an issue or problem, so both you and I can learn so easily from the forums.

Google is also a really good tool when searching for answers.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines