April 18, 2024, 03:35:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Factory SE spiking to 90%!  (Read 1479 times)

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
Analog Factory SE spiking to 90%!
« on: February 22, 2010, 01:34:05 pm »
     I recieved Analog Factory SE with my Novation Remote Zero SL controller.  I bought the controller this past September and didn't have the chance to install AF SE until this past weekend.  I had a production break so I thought I'd give it a go.  I love it.  I love that it has CS-80 sounds, MiniMg and Mgmodular sounds(I already have the 2600V and ProphetV).
     I'm a Pro Tools user so I installed the Digi update for AF SE which corrected a few things in Pro Tools but some presets are really cpu intensive on my system and this seems to be related to control.  Turning a Key parameter knob on some presets sent the cpu meter shooting up into the red as high as 90%.  I mean....WOW :o ???  I also tried it in Live 8 and seeing the same there.
     I realise There probably won't be an updated version of SE from Arturia(though a small one to just fix cpu spikes like this would be nice) but is there something else I can do to make this work better on my system.  I've already dropped the processor count to 3 and that didn't work.  128 samples seems to be a reasonable sample setting for the Digi engine to avoid latency.
Mac Pro 3.1,2x2.80 GHz. Intel Xeon Quad core 16GB RAM
2 OS drives: El Capitain 10.11.6\Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Ableton Live Suite 9.7.7\10.0.2
V collection 3, SparkLE 2.1, Beatstep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines