April 18, 2024, 05:23:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia woeful support...  (Read 3180 times)

vicshere

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Arturia woeful support...
« on: February 23, 2010, 09:23:47 pm »
I noticed Antoine saying this in the Jupiter section...

"Concerning the "complete and utter lack of support", you are a bit rude, aren't you? This forum lives, and the Tech Support runs just fine."

Now, if anyone would care to check my posts in MiniMg Technical Issues, with no response or solution after nine months or so, please compare that fact with the above quote...
It runs just fine?!
As we used to say...LOL

Antoine

Re: Arturia woeful support...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 11:04:53 am »
I have handled all your tech support inquiries, with numerous replies. So yes it's a bit rude to say "no response".  ???
By the way, you should have one in your mailbox this morning concerning case #79217. Let me know through usual channel.
ex-Arturian

Sweep

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 01:19:21 pm »
Well, when my tech support query about the CS80V had been ignored for four months you wrote to tell me it had been closed - because you had done nothing with it.

I decided in the end that it wasn't worth bothering because by all accounts the new version of the CS80V is inferior to the old one, like the new version of the MMV. And it has a serious defect which the MMV also has and which I've reported numerous times.

Ditto the problem with the MiniMgV which I reported last April. Maybe one day I'll get a reply to that one.

Doing something about the problems might be better for your company than calling people who complain `a bit rude.'

I know very well that Arturia is a small company with a lot to deal with. I've defended you in the past because much of the time you're bombarded with problems that arise from compatibility with third party software and new operating systems - problems that aren't really your fault. But as time goes by I have a lot more sympathy with the people who report legitimate problems and don't get anywhere, and are then told they're `a bit rude' for not being happy about that. Dealing with these problems would be a whole lot more productive than bringing out new versions of your software that are so inferior to the old ones that people desert them in droves and go back to the old versions - which is what's happened in recent months.

Antoine

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 02:34:04 pm »
@Sweep
Some old cases have been automatically closed after a long period of inactivity, including yours. This is a maintenance operation. I assume we should have had a deeper look at these, or even soften the message.
Your contributions to the Arturia forum, being positive or much critic, always are appreciated because accompanied with details, arguments or facts.

When I am wrong, I humbly apologize.
When I allow myself to write "you are a bit rude" to an user, time to time, this is mainly because I hardly accept someone to publicly write "I have had no response or solution" though I personally sent several responses to several cases, with elements of diagnostic and/or resolution. The fact is that Vicshere's case, precisely related to compatibility with a third party software, has been handled.

However another fact is that Vicshere's case is not solved yet, I deeply regret this, this is a pity and causing much frustration as everyone can imagine; but the forum is a public place where the World sees this frustration, and unfortunately not all the work behind the curtains.
And times to times I simply find this a bit rude. :-\

At last, I am pretty sure we will solve the issue anyway. The MiniMg-V is Pro Tools compatible, so that it shall run on Vicshere's workstation.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 03:23:13 pm by Antoine »
ex-Arturian

vicshere

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 05:29:33 pm »
Sweep is right.
I saw your email, Antoine, but as I have sent you all sorts of information many times and still have the problems, I have given up on worthless advice. You don't know how to fix it, so I have have to waste a lot of time coming out of sessions and putting my laptop off and on just to use MiniMg and other products. By the time I do that, the inspiration is usually gone.
Very disappointing.
I define "Rude" as people who sell me something that doesn't work properly. Now, THAT is rude.

Sabatini

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 06:02:33 pm »
@vicshere

I am a victim as well, and can confirm all your complaints - same to me.

Similar to me.

First make a software running, then sell it!

Antoine

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 12:04:22 pm »
ex-Arturian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines