March 28, 2024, 07:21:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How do I get my patches into version 2?? **RESOLVED**  (Read 4047 times)

MIke_M

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
How do I get my patches into version 2?? **RESOLVED**
« on: February 24, 2010, 06:45:57 pm »
"Here we go again. Every Arturia VST seems to have a different approach to importing your old patches.

The Mood Modular and the Arp 2600 do it for you while the CS 80V I had to export them, change the name to "ays2" and then they would load.

So what is the trick to the jupiter??? Despite the fact that it is now version 2, it still has no import or export options like the other Arturia products. ???

Any clues?"

--RESOLVED--

-locate the "save" folder within JP8 V1 (usually in the same folder as the main program)
-open the "save" and copy the "user" folder.

-locate the save folder for JP8 V2. You will have to search for this folder, it is not in the  folder with the main program. Mine was in "program data"
-once located, paste the V1 "save"  folder into the V2 "save" folder and you're done.

Simple enough but it would have been nice to have has some guidance from Arturia in the way of a text file. 40 minutes wasted trying to figure it out (most of it spent looking for the V2 save file) could have been used producing some music.

Surprising lack of support for being some of the most expensive soft synths out there. ::)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 09:55:35 pm by MIke_M »

Antoine

Re: How do I get my patches into version 2?? **RESOLVED**
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 10:11:08 am »
"So what is the trick to the jupiter??? Despite the fact that it is now version 2, it still has no import or export options like the other Arturia products. ???
Any clues?"

As on v1.x the Import and Export functions are available through the "IMP" and "EXP" buttons on the front panel interface.
ex-Arturian

MIke_M

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 08:22:57 pm »
Thanks for the reply Antoine.

Only thing is that the "IMP" and EXP" are greyed out and do not respond to keystrokes.

Antoine

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 10:43:17 am »
Only thing is that the "IMP" and EXP" are greyed out and do not respond to keystrokes.

??? that sounds pretty weird.
Can you please fill a tech support inquiry (if already done, lemme know case number via private message), with a screenshot of this particular zone?
ex-Arturian

MIke_M

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 02:55:44 am »
No, I have not filled out a ticket for it. I reinstalled both V1 and V2 and now the save button comes up but the other is still greyed out.

I will fill out a ticket when I get time as I am very late on a project and need to get this done first. I do have my patches installed (in the way I stated in the post) and that is good enough for me for now...at least until I fulfill my obligations.

MIke_M

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 02:59:37 am »
*(&$#@(!!!!! I was looking in the wrong area. Sorry, as I stated, I am under the gun  for this so sorry for being knuckleheaded about this.. Thanks for you patience.

BTW great update on JP8V. Too bad it is not 64 bit though.

Got to go

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines