April 20, 2024, 08:32:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Wendy Carlos/Shining Pink Floyd/Goodbye Blue Sky synth sounds?  (Read 3594 times)

hulljaja

Hi,

First time poster. Hopefully this hasn't been covered somewhere already.  I did a search and didn't see anything, so i figured it would be safe to post. . .

I have always been curious about the specific synth patch that Wendy Carlos used for the main title theme for the Shining.  It sounds IDENTICAL to the doomy synth that shows up in Pink Floyd's song Goodbye Blue Sky from The Wall.  That's what makes me think it may be a patch of some kind.  Does anyone know how to recreate that sound using the MMV?

Thanks

Scott

Phil999

Re: Wendy Carlos/Shining Pink Floyd/Goodbye Blue Sky synth sounds?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 02:02:02 pm »
welcome to the forum. I love discussing patches, but unfortunately I don't know The Wall and The Shining (all other Pink Floyd and Kubrick I know, even his short films). Maybe you can provide a small sound sample? (I guess that does not violate copyrights)

Or simply try different waveforms and filters. It's always a challenge (and a big reward when succeeding) to find those patches oneself. Many sounds of aforementioned artists are in fact not at all complicated, it's the arrangement that is unique.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines