April 26, 2024, 01:12:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How I made the MMV manual easier to use.  (Read 3001 times)

therling

• Apprentice
How I made the MMV manual easier to use.
« on: March 02, 2010, 05:43:57 pm »
Trying to read the supplied print manual was impossible; too small for my aging eyes.

I had tried to print off pages of the MMV 2.5 manual pdf, but realized it was daunting, far too many pages for my pitiful printer. Trying to read it off the screen while using the MMV was too much hassle.

So, I took the pdf of the manual to my local copy shop and had them print the manual in 8" x 11" format so that it's easier to read.  I also had them print it double-sided and bind it with a spiral binder so that it can lie open on my desk while I'm using the MMV.

Only about $15, but worth it for the greater ease of reading, and not wearing out my printer or my eyeballs trying to read the tiny print manual that came with the software.  I wish Arturia had supplied the manual in such a more easily readable format.

Oh, and the copyright statement on the last page states that you may make a copy for your personal use in case your local shop owner asks.

TH 

Phil999

Re: How I made the MMV manual easier to use.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 11:52:54 pm »
good idea!

You bring up an interesting topic which is rarely mentioned I think. I found computer screens unacceptable for reading, one reason why I stayed away from computers until 2002 when the first affordable TFT's arrived. But even then I found it hard to read from the screen. After some years my eyes adapted somehow to this, and now I read very much from screens, but it still creates more fatigue than printed text. I guess with new technologies and devices like Kindle it will become more acceptable to read from screens, but until then I find it a good thing to print things out. To do this in a print shop seems to me a good idea too, as it is not significantly more expensive than doing it with the printer at home.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines