April 19, 2024, 12:01:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Prophet 5 Template / Modules and Unison Mode.  (Read 3980 times)

NorthernLightR

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Prophet 5 Template / Modules and Unison Mode.
« on: May 22, 2010, 04:19:25 am »

Are the Prophet 5 Template / modules coming any time soon?

Also in the manual it mentions Unison mode , will that be implemented in the near future? not just for miniMg , but as a global key mode to compliment the Mono/Poly modes.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 04:26:23 am by NorthernLightR »

synthguy99

Re: Prophet 5 Template / Modules and Unison Mode.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 05:33:49 pm »
I wish I'd thought to mention the Prophet 5 / VS myself.  The Prophet and CS-80 are the synth models I want the most, along with the Oberheim 8-Voice.  But since the CS-80 has been mentioned and the Prophet hasn't, I guess we'll have to wait on a P5 / VS template after update 1.5, which is sad.
One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!

NorthernLightR

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 11:02:29 pm »
The prophet 5 modules/Template would be a very welcome feature we would be able to replicate soo many great synths just from the pro5 Modules alone, for example:

2 Jp8 OSC + Jp8 Filter + Pro5 Envelopes = MKS 80 Rev 4.

Or simply make up the modules to easily form the sounds of a Pro One.

Having owned a Obeheim ob8 myself and making the mistake of selling it, I will agree with you on the fact it sounds AMAZING, definatly one of my all time favs, so It would be nice if Arturia gives us that synth in the near future.

I Would like to hear from Arturia on this post regarding the addition of the Pro5 and Unison feature, is it in the plans to include these??

while your at it.. how about the Oberheim OBX or the vintage Butchla Oscillator Module , Mg Filter Bank etc.etc. Or is the Origin strickly going to be confined to only the same synths as the Arturia software counterparts.?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 11:09:38 pm by NorthernLightR »

synthguy99

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 07:13:55 am »
After spending a rather sweaty day in the keyboard room today, and some more quality time with the Origin, I've grown to appreciate the Origin filter.  It seems to fall in-between the Oberheim, Prophet and Jupiter in sound quality, and being easier on the CPU is a nice bonus.  I used it to make a few fave Prophet patches, such as the old sync EP patch on the very first P5s and 10s.  Curiously, I think the Jupiter filter is now my least favorite!  I need to use it some more and see where it's usefulness lies.

By the way, the synth I was talking about is an ancient beast Oberheim made that used separate synthesizer units to make each voice:

http://www.synthfool.com/moraz/

This was Patrick Moraz's personal synth of choice when it came to making killer patches in the 80s and 90s, though he owns dozens and DOZENS of instruments.  I wonder if Arturia could make an Oberheim compendium synth, which used the old 8-voice, the OBXa and the OB8 too?  Wouldn't that be cool!  Oberheim is the one major synth not in the library yet, though a few other software makers have Oberheims.  As a personal desire, I'd also like to see the ARP Chroma modeled too.  Maybe they could add that filter to the ARP filter list.

NorthernLightR

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 10:51:09 am »
Your refering to the Oberheim 8 voice. aka SEM, friend of mine has one.. very powerfull synth.

In terms of Sync sounds in my opinion oberheim is the best ... Period.
I used to use it alot on my Ob8, the tone you get when you hard sync the oscilators is just soo ... I cant even describe it. Bottom line is, origin needs Oberheim Oscilators at the least, but a template woud be sweet too no doubt.

I got my fingers crossed for the Prophet 5 to be added as the 3rd synth in the upcoming 1.5 release. hopefully we will get the unison feature aswell.

synthguy99

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 06:08:07 pm »
If your friend has an SEM 4 or 8-Voice, I need his address!  :D

I'm afraid though that the best we can hope for in regards the Prophet is to be patient and wait for an osc and filter announcement first.  They seem determined to give us the ARP 2600 first, which is nice, but we can pretty much make our own Jupiter and 2600 with the modules.  The CS-80 though, that will be a VERY nice addition to the templates, because you just can't make a proper one as all those modules kill the CPU.

While I'm hoping for an Oberheim announcement from Arturia one of these NAMMs, it will probably be a while before we get any of those modules added to the Origin - and darn it, I forgot the Matrix-12!  How could I?!

Like you NL, I'd really want one of those as the Oberheim sound was in some ways even sweeter than the Prophet.  But the Prophet V has been made already, and we do have the Wavetable Osc, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time.  Fortunately, the modules available are so powerful and flexible that they allow us to get fairly close to those vintage sounds.  And being able to mix and match to a great extent means we're not just making patches, but building instruments.  And wow, does it sound analog...

I always knew that I'd want one, and I'm very glad I got it.  It makes the need for a real analog synth much less urgent, and I like the fact that it doesn't need to go to the shop every few years for adjustment.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 06:11:37 pm by synthguy99 »

holografique

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 07:56:40 pm »
Curiously, I think the Jupiter filter is now my least favorite!  I need to use it some more and see where it's usefulness lies.

having owned several Roland analog synths (currently own a JP-6), I can say they are pretty spot on to the response and characteristic "acidy" "squelchy" sound of the Roland VCF filter design. So it's really a matter of whether or not you have an appreciation for the classic Roland filter sound.

with that being said, I can say that the 2-pole mode of the JP-8 filter module in the Origin has a lot more character and bite to it than the 4-pole mode, especially with a moderate amount of resonance on it. I love it, especially on monophonic basses, leads, and arpeggiated percussive synth type sounds.

give it another spin in 2-pole mode, I almost guarantee you won't be dissapointed :)

cheers!

-o

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines